Christine Andersen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 06:42
Member (2003)
Danish to English
+ ...
Oct 23, 2015

I cannot persuade Studio to verify.

When I complete a translation, I run a spell check, fine, and then when I try to verify, (F8 or selecting it from Batch Tasks) I immediately get the message:

Verification Complete. No errors were reported.

I had the same problem with 2014 and as far as I can remember 2011. I think Studio 2015 worked once or twice, but now it has also stopped working.

No matter how I fiddle about with the settings, import a verification profile, whatever, nothing happens.
The No errors thing is just too good to be true!

One of my client sends packages with their profile, and that goes to the other extreme - it throws up literally hundreds of false errors, which I have discussed with them, but for better or worse, it only works for their projects. So I have to live with it for them, but that is not the main problem.

I just wondered if it interferes somehow with the settings, even when I am not working withtheir packages?

How do I activate Verification for all my other projects?
What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any advice!

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Project settings Oct 24, 2015

Quick question - when you go to Verification > QA Checker in project settings (not general options), are any of the checks actually enabled?

Denmark
Member (2003)
Danish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
All three are activated Oct 24, 2015

All three - QA 3.0, Tag verification and Terminology Verification are activated (with ticks in the boxes).

I have tried removing them and putting them back again, but it makes no difference.

No little warnings come up as I translate, either, even if I deliberately add extra spaces at the end of the segment, repeat words etc. to see what happens. They do appear - on every other segment when I am working for the client with the hyperactive verification profile. icon_razz.gif Capitalisation rules and numbers come up all the time as false positives. The real warnings are quite useful at that stage, because I can then correct them as I go along.

Maybe I should look at the settings with one of their files open - I have not thought of that - and see if I can find any differences.

Denmark
Member (2003)
Danish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Resetting to defaults doesn't help either Oct 26, 2015

Resetting everything to defaults still results in an instant 'no errors reported', even when I introduced a couple in the first ten segments, that should have been picked up.

I have a PSMA, so I think it is time to send in a support request.

It really would have been nice to have the verfication to check numbers and consistency on my current project, but the deadline is close and it is not impossible to do manually.

Denmark
Member (2003)
Danish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved: the answer seemed to be my own templates Oct 26, 2015

The answer seemed to be my own templates, which I almost always use to set up jobs - they save time.

I created a standard template a good while back, and then saved variations on it for other projects.

So somewhere in the original template, don't ask how and why, Verification must be blocked. That would explain why the problem goes back to earlier versions - I simply carried my templates over.

I have now made a new basic template with one of my standard setups, AutoSuggest and Multiterm, loaded a file, created some errors, and bingo - Verification can find them.

So now to scrap all the old templates and build up new ones from scratch. Then I can try out the different settings, and actually benefit from a useful function!

icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I activate Verification?

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search