How do I deactivate Verification?
Thread poster: 2nl (X)
2nl (X)
2nl (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 09:14
Oct 24, 2015

I received a Studio project from a new client. After I had translated it in my own TEnT, I opened the project in Studio to verify it (F8). Much to my surprise, the verification process took ages, whereas it normally is performed in seconds.

I had to dive into this.

[Commercial break]

After some digging I discovered the verification settings at the project level. The culprit was a comparison of source string length and target string length. Not a category t
... See more
I received a Studio project from a new client. After I had translated it in my own TEnT, I opened the project in Studio to verify it (F8). Much to my surprise, the verification process took ages, whereas it normally is performed in seconds.

I had to dive into this.

[Commercial break]

After some digging I discovered the verification settings at the project level. The culprit was a comparison of source string length and target string length. Not a category that seems relevant to the translation of a technical manual, me thinks. After deactivating this verification item, F8 behaved the normal way.

So, my problem was not:

How do I activate Verification?

But rather:

(BTW: I think that my client used a generic project template.)
Collapse

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
This setting is not enabled by default Oct 24, 2015

Hi

Let me point out that this setting is not enabled by default.

Walter

2nl (X)
2nl (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
TOPIC STARTER
Yes I understand Oct 24, 2015

Walter Blaser wrote:

Hi

Let me point out that this setting is not enabled by default.

Walter

Yes, I understand, Walter. It's just that it took me some time to find out why it took 10 minutes to do a verification of 8000 words. Wrong project configuration.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »