Thread poster: Sandra& Kenneth

Sandra& Kenneth  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 09:43
Member (2009)
French to English
+ ...
Oct 24, 2015

... so I have to change the default export colors to white every single time I create a new project, despite using the same template and checking the Update Template button.

Personally, I find the entire idea of colored segments in bilingual review exports superfluous and distracting.

My settings are preserved only when adding files to the same project, but are not saved in templates and I have to go through the same color-changing routine with each new project.

I don't think it's a big deal to eliminate this extra step and make my defaults... the default.

Thank you,

Sandra

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 08:43
French to German
+ ...
Works fine here Oct 24, 2015

Sandra

Which version of Studio are you using?

I cannot reproduce this here. If I update the project template with my settings and create a new project based on this template, I get the colour settings I had before (the ones changed from the default).

I suggest you check the settings in your project template to see if they match what you need. You can do this from "File - Setup - Project Template". Select the appropriate project template and click on Edit. Then look at the settings under "Language Pairs - All Language Pairs - Batch Processing - Export for Bilingual Review".

Just to make sure: did you change the colour settings in "File - Options" or in your Project Settings? If you did this in "File - Options", it will obviously not have any impact on your current project (and the underlying template) as these changes affect the project template "Default" and not the one you are using.

Walter

Sandra& Kenneth  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 09:43
Member (2009)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Project template does not save settings Oct 25, 2015

Hi Walter,
Thank you for looking into this matter.
I use Trados Studio 2015 12.04961.2

The settings of the generic template ("File - Options") are saved and preserved.

The problem seems to lie in the fact that the project template saves the settings only for the duration of the project. When trying to create a new project using the same project template, the template reverts to some default which is different from my work settings.

Checking the option to update the template with the last changes does not change anything.

More disturbing than the return of the export colors is that additional settings, such as the verification settings also change.

As I mentioned, the project template keeps the correct settings for the duration of the project. The moment I remove the project from the list, the project template settings reset themselves.

I sometimes get a message asking whether I wanted to keep some bookmarks or not, followed by a crash - irrespective of whether I opt to keep or discard the bookmarks, followed by the message "key already exists". Restarting Trados resolves the crash, so I ignore the issue.

I think I will delete all the old project templates and start from scratch (when I finish my current assignments).

Thank you for your help!

Sandra

[Edited at 2015-10-25 07:06 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Project template does not save default colors in bilingual review exports

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search