Error message when trying to save a file in a Trados Studio 2011 project.
Thread poster: Josephina Worrall

Josephina Worrall  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:25
French to English
+ ...
Oct 26, 2015

Hi,

I have been working on a project in Studio 2011 all week, and then suddenly on Friday the following error message appears - The type initializer for Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Bilingual.SdlXliffFileWriter.XliffFileWrite threw an exception - and I cannot save any of the files in the project. Luckily everything is saved in the TM, but I now can't progress to finishing the files and creating return packages to send back to my client. I can't seem to find anything out about this error message online!

Has anyone got any ideas about how to resolve this? For context, I upgraded to Windows 10 about a month (or more) ago, but everything has been working smoothly until now!

Thanks in advance!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error message when trying to save a file in a Trados Studio 2011 project.

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search