Thread poster: Louise TAYLOR

Louise TAYLOR  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 11:23
Member (2015)
French to English
Oct 26, 2015

Hello

I am changing my PC and so want to install all the apps for SDL Trados on my new one. Those I have licenses for worked perfectly. I unlicensed and re-licensed. I have also moved over all my TMs and other files.

My problem is with the free apps. For example I use Glossary Converter. If I go to the page http://www.translationzone.com/openexchange/app/glossaryconverter-476.html#46146 on my old computer I have the information (23 reviews) 11626 downloads. On my new PC this tells me (0 reviews) 0 downloads. If I attempt to download on my old PC it works fine. I can download the app as many times as I wish. On my new PC I find my self on
this page http://www.translationzone.com/404.html?aspxerropath=/versions/476.

Both PCs use windows 7 Professional.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong here?

Many thanks

Louise

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
Probably a cookie issue Oct 26, 2015

Louise

On your new PC in the browser, when you are on SDL's website, click on the "I am" (top right) and select to which user category you belong. This will set a cookie on your PC and after this, the links should work.

Also note that to download an Open Exchange app you have already downloaded once before, you don't need to go to this webpage. You can also log into your customer account, go to "Apps" and redownload it from there, it is easier and faster.

Walter

France
Member (2015)
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Still having the same issue Oct 26, 2015

Thank you very much Walter for your reply and help.

This did help with SDL Multiterm which was in the downloads section of my account. Other apps are not there. I have tried your suggestion to correct the cookie and checked to make sure my new PC does not have cookies blocked. It still shows the same.

Is it possible that the antivirus is causing this. So far it is the only difference I can find between the 2 PC's. The old one uses AVG and the new one has Norton ESET which came already installed. I have heard that a lot of people do not like Norton as it causes issues.

Louise

Edit - no it isn't that. I switched it off to try again.

[Edited at 2015-10-26 14:13 GMT]

France
Member (2015)
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Issue resolved Oct 26, 2015

Hello

I have resolved the issue by changing browsers. It worked with Firefox and not with Chrome. Strange as I have always used Chrome before now.

Hope this thread helps someone else if they have the same issues,

Louise

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems downloading support Apps on new PC

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search