automatically insert all tags
Thread poster: Bashir Baqi

Bashir Baqi  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:36
Farsi (Persian) to English
+ ...
Oct 27, 2015

Hello Dear Colleagues
I have a website translation project now; Trados report shows 31000 words but shows about 11000 words since there are many tags like there:

Your Name (required)

within the text which should not be translated
the client would pay only for the 11000 words and the problem is here as an example: the page contact-us has just 27 words but Trados shows it with 557 words and 158 segments; what can I do to insert all segments having tags by one click / settings into target text and just translate and prove text segments please?

Direct link Reply with quote

Merab Dekano  Identity Verified
Member (2014)
English to Spanish
+ ...
My advice Oct 27, 2015

When the number of tags is great, inserting them one by one will lead to problems of missing/misplaced tags.

What I do it as follows: copy source to target (can do it in batch) and translate the target segments respecting the tags. You might still have to move them around a tiny bit (depending on the language pair), but this is the "safest" option I've found in Trados (provided we can regard Trados as safe in the first place).

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

automatically insert all tags

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

• All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search