SDL Studio 2015 automatically closes in certain segments
Thread poster: Andrea Garfield-Barkworth

Andrea Garfield-Barkworth  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:08
Member (2015)
German to English
Oct 28, 2015

I am working on a PowerPoint file and have managed to translate 80 % without a problem but now when I enter certain segments Studio just closes without as much as a by-your-leave.

I have painstakingly managed to translate another 10 % but several segments are being very stubborn. They do not have any tags in them. Some are notes and some are text boxes.

Sometimes I am given a pop-up warning that Studio will close but that doesn't exactly help much as I still can't store it beforehand.

Any help gratefully appreciated.

Andrea Garfield-Barkworth  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:08
Member (2015)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
I have managed to sort this out now Oct 29, 2015

Perhaps my clumsy solution may help others.

I went to the number of the segment on the left-hand side and with a right-click copied the source to target. This then allowed me to go into the target segment so I could finish my translation.

To confirm the segment I used the feature "Confirm but do not Move to Next Segment" as this otherwise caused Studio to close without warning.

Hope somebody else may find this useful.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Studio 2015 automatically closes in certain segments

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search