SDL Trados Studio 2009 crashing
Thread poster: Francesca Gatenby

Francesca Gatenby  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:58
German to English
+ ...
Oct 29, 2015

I currently have SDL Trados Studio 2009 installed, Windows Vista OS. I was planning to upgrade to Studio 2015 version in the new tax year and, until yesterday, my 2009 version has been working fine. Yesterday it crashed, however, and I haven't been able to restart it since. I have an urgent project due by COB today and nothing I do seems to work.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the entire application, but this makes no difference. It says 'installation successful' and the Studio app button will appear on the bar at the bottom of my screen as if the app is open, however I cannot actually open the program. I had an error message saying something like 'xml parsing error' and 'object set without reference', but when you click OK for both of these nothing else happens.

Really appreciate some advice!

Thanks in advance.

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 09:58
French to German
+ ...
Delete your projects list Oct 30, 2015

Francesca

The XML error message seems to indicate that your projects.xml file got corrupted, so I suggest you delete it. You'll find it in your "Documents" folder, in the subfolder "Studio 2009", then "Projects". Delete it, then relaunch Studio. It will recreate the file.
The drawback is that your list of projects will be empty, but you can easily recover the project(s) you need using the command "Open project" and navigating to the folder where your project is stored and open the project file.

If this does not solve your problem and Studio still does not start, then follow the procedure outlined in KB article 4457
http://kb.sdl.com/kb/article?ArticleId=4457

Walter

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Studio 2009 crashing

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search