Thread poster: Roy Oestensen

Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 03:43
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Oct 29, 2015

I wonder if someone have any idea what I am doing wrong.

At times I have finished a project, but later on get an additional document for the same project.

When I import the document into the project and prepare it, I find that Studio tells me that there are no translatable documents in the project, i.e. neither the new or the old documents will open in the editor.

I am solving this problem by creating a new project based on the old one and importing the new document into it, but it would be nice to keep all documents belonging to the same project in the same project.

Any suggestion what I may be doing wrong?

Roy

Claire Cox
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:43
French to English
+ ...
Same here Oct 29, 2015

I had this problem with 2014 the other day, Roy - I assumed I'd done something wrong, but perhaps it wasn't just me! I'd be interested to hear if anyone has a solution too.

Claire

Susanne Kress  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to German
+ ...
Do you switch back to target language? Oct 29, 2015

Hello Roy and Claire,

I am wondering if you switch back to target language after adding and preparing the new file?

In previous versions of Studio you had to switch to source language in order to be able to add a file, but in 2014 this is not necessary anymore. That's why it probably is not as obvious as before that you have to switch back to the target language in the files pane after adding a file to a project.

Kind regards

Susanne

Norway
Member (2010)
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Switch back to target language? Oct 29, 2015

I am not sure about switching between source and target language as I've never done that, although I understand that since I do not, that would very well be the problem. I am not quite certain how you would do that, though, as the project has source and target language set up from the start.

Susanne Kress  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to German
+ ...
click on "files" Oct 29, 2015

Hi Roy,

You just have to click on "Files" at the left side to open the box. In the upper part your source language should be selected/visible if you just have added and prepared the new file. Click on it and choose your target language.

After that you should see all previous files with the "100%" translated bar and the new file with the empty bar.

Norway
Member (2010)
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Oct 29, 2015

I didn't even realise that I needed to bother with that option, as I am only working with 1 language pair at a time.

There I learned something new. I cannot quite see why it is necessary to do so - I feel Studio shouldn't bother with what language one has chosen there.

Changing to the target language after import of a new document is not necessary in Dejavu, so I didn't even think of the possibility.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2015: Problems importing new documents into an existing project

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €435 / $519
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €435 / $519 / £345 / ¥63000 You will also receive FREE access to Studio 2019 when released.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search