Deactivating license after reinstalling SDL Trados Studio 2011 Freelance
Thread poster: Henrik Pipoyan

Henrik Pipoyan  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:31
Member (2004)
English to Armenian
Nov 3, 2015

Hi colleagues,

Last night my system disk failed and I had to reinstall Windows without deactivating my SDL Trados license. Now I am going to reinstall it, but my license is active. Does anyone know how I can deactivate my license, so I can use the normal activation procedure. Seems like offline deactivation is not what I need.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 20:31
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Go to your profile page on the internet Nov 3, 2015

You should be able to do so there. If it is Studio 215, then you may not be able to. If so, you would have to contact SDL support directly.

Henrik Pipoyan  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:31
Member (2004)
English to Armenian
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Roy Nov 4, 2015

I checked the SDL site; it has an option of returning the license. I think this is what one has to do in such cases. But fortunately I didn’t have to use it. Since I hadn’t formatted the disk, the old SDL Trados files were still there. I just installed SDL over them, and it recognized the license of the previous installation. Now it shows as active without having to activate it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Deactivating license after reinstalling SDL Trados Studio 2011 Freelance

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search