Thread poster: Meriti

Meriti
Local time: 00:11
Member (2013)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Nov 5, 2015

Hello,

I am going to have my laptop repaired and need to set up a temporary pc for the time, including studio 2014. The computer I am moving my apps to has Win 10 installed. I installed Studio 2014 Freelance Plus using my SDL account, no errors. Then it opened up in BigBird licence edition and did not prompt for serial number. No additional errors though. But I the programme opens up only on the bottom of the screen, I cannot get it on full screen to work in the programme. I reinstalled it a number of times, including in admin mode and with changing compatibility settings in properties tab. No results. Meanwhile, I have upgraded another computer with another Studio 2014 licence and Win 10 on it, and it works like a charm. But I did not perform a clean install on that computer, only upgraded OS. Could it be so that Studio 2014 fails to work properly if installed (from scratch) on win10?

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 23:11
French to German
+ ...
What is "BigBird licence edition"? Nov 5, 2015

Meriti wrote:

... I installed Studio 2014 Freelance Plus using my SDL account, no errors. Then it opened up in BigBird licence edition and did not prompt for serial number. No additional errors though. But I the programme opens up only on the bottom of the screen, I cannot get it on full screen to work in the programme.

Sorry, but what do you mean by "BigBird licence edition"??

Walter

Meriti
Member (2013)
English to Latvian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
bigbird Nov 5, 2015

This is what showed on the initial screen after first installation - where you usually see that no active licence is set up and you can activate it (this is what I expected to see) but I got the screen saying that BigBird licence is running on the computer. I have no idea what it means.

Rodrigo Castillo H.
Chile
Local time: 17:11
English to Spanish
This may help Nov 5, 2015

Check this article. It might be helpful: http://kb.sdl.com/#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:6123

Meriti
Member (2013)
English to Latvian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Nov 6, 2015

Thanks for sharing the link, I came across it yesterday as well. As the licence is legal, the only reason could be some failure during the setup process but I reinstalled it 5 times and I cannot actually enter the activation code due to not being able to get the programme on the screen. I guess I will have to downgrade to win 7 and then try to install it once again.

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 23:11
French to German
+ ...
I don't think that this depends on the OS Nov 6, 2015

Meriti wrote:

... I guess I will have to downgrade to win 7 and then try to install it once again.

Meriti

I don't think you need to downgrade Windows to resolve this problem as activation works as smoothly on Windows 10 as it does on Windows 7.

What do you mean by "...not being able to get the programme on the screen."? What happens when you launch Studio? Do you get to the activation screen? If yes, can you deactivate the license?

Walter

SDL_Steve  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:11
Member (2014)
English to Arabic
Studio2014 activation Nov 7, 2015

Hi Meriti,

So that we can assist you further could you kindly let me have your 6 digit order (to be found in your SDL Account/Orders- or on the invoice you will have received.
I can then check the status of your license and email you further instructions where necessary.

Kr
SDL_Steve

Meriti
Member (2013)
English to Latvian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Resolved one of the problems Nov 9, 2015

I have managed to resolve the problem with the programme not showing on the screen. It does now. But it still shows that BigBird licence is activated and I cannot deactivate it, as I do not have any BigBird licence with any activation code to enter.

Our order No. must be this: 356104.

SDL_Steve  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:11
Member (2014)
English to Arabic
Resolved one of the problems... Nov 10, 2015

Hi Merti,

I see from your SDL account you have a number of different licenses.
Therefore please log a support ticket(as explained in the Bigbird KB article below.
Our support team will then arrange a webex with you in to resolve the issue.

Mr

Steve

Meriti
Member (2013)
English to Latvian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
support request Nov 10, 2015

Hi Steve,
Thanks for your response. Can I actually log a support request if I do not have the latest version of Trados? I cannot see any such options in my sdl account.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

studio 2014 won't work properly after clean install on win 10

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search