Thread poster: MollyRose

MollyRose  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:20
Member (2010)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 5, 2015

I have found under Termbase/Search Settings a box that can be checked that says: Enable recognition of two-letter terms. I have it checked. So why doesn't the termbase recognize them whenever I need them in a segment? It doesn't make sense that they wouldn't be recognized; they're only in the Source, whereas the Target could be two or more whole words, not just two letters as in the source.

Is there an additional setting that can make Studio to recognize these terms and autosuggest them?

If there isn't a way to make this work, then why is that option in the settings?

Joakim Braun  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 02:20
German to Swedish
+ ...
This won't help you at all but... Nov 5, 2015

My guess is that SDL uses some kind of database technology for termbase access (this is really the only way it could work with reasonable speed), and that the database search doesn't work for < 4 characters. The default setting for full text indexes in databases is often set at 4 characters minimum word length (MySQL being one example).

If there is an underlying database executable you might be able to change its configuration file (in MySQL it's the "ft_min_word_len" setting in my.cnf). But we'll let SDL fill in the details...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2014 less than 3 letters source not recognized in termbase

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search