https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/294242-studio_2014_less_than_3_letters_source_not_recognized_in_termbase.html

Studio 2014 less than 3 letters source not recognized in termbase
Thread poster: MollyRose
MollyRose
MollyRose  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:06
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 5, 2015

I have found under Termbase/Search Settings a box that can be checked that says: Enable recognition of two-letter terms. I have it checked. So why doesn't the termbase recognize them whenever I need them in a segment? It doesn't make sense that they wouldn't be recognized; they're only in the Source, whereas the Target could be two or more whole words, not just two letters as in the source.

Is there an additional setting that can make Studio to recognize these terms and autosugg
... See more
I have found under Termbase/Search Settings a box that can be checked that says: Enable recognition of two-letter terms. I have it checked. So why doesn't the termbase recognize them whenever I need them in a segment? It doesn't make sense that they wouldn't be recognized; they're only in the Source, whereas the Target could be two or more whole words, not just two letters as in the source.

Is there an additional setting that can make Studio to recognize these terms and autosuggest them?

If there isn't a way to make this work, then why is that option in the settings?
Collapse

Joakim Braun
Joakim Braun  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 23:06
German to Swedish
+ ...
This won't help you at all but... Nov 5, 2015

My guess is that SDL uses some kind of database technology for termbase access (this is really the only way it could work with reasonable speed), and that the database search doesn't work for < 4 characters. The default setting for full text indexes in databases is often set at 4 characters minimum word length (MySQL being one example).

If there is an underlying database executable you might be able to change its configuration file (in MySQL it's the "ft_min_word_len" setting in my.
... See more
My guess is that SDL uses some kind of database technology for termbase access (this is really the only way it could work with reasonable speed), and that the database search doesn't work for < 4 characters. The default setting for full text indexes in databases is often set at 4 characters minimum word length (MySQL being one example).

If there is an underlying database executable you might be able to change its configuration file (in MySQL it's the "ft_min_word_len" setting in my.cnf). But we'll let SDL fill in the details...
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2014 less than 3 letters source not recognized in termbase

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »