Thread poster: Laura Marifil

Laura Marifil  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 11:38
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 5, 2015

Hey everyone,

I'm using SDL Trados Studio 2011 Freelance and I'm editing a file that the translator is delivering in batches. I've edited some segments and now I have to open a new Return Package with a second batch. I'm wondering what is going to happen with the segments I've already edited when I open the second Return Package. Is it going to over-write the segments I've already edited? Is there any way I can prevent this from happening?

Thanks!

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 16:38
French to German
+ ...
It depends on how you do the editing Nov 11, 2015

Laura

How do you do the editing? In review mode and there is someone who does the sign-off afterwards or do you make the corrections as last instance and confirm the segments to update the TM?

If you are the last instance and update the TM and the batches you receive for editing are sequential, I would on reception of the second batch simply lock all the segments you have already reviewed in the first pass (batch) and start the editing with the following segments.

Walter

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Editing a file in batches

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €435 / $519
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €435 / $519 / £345 / ¥63000 You will also receive FREE access to Studio 2019 when released.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search