Colour for locked segments
Thread poster: viking modena

viking modena  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 10:44
Swedish to Italian
+ ...
Nov 6, 2015

Third post this morning, it's a sort of brainstorming about Studio!

Is there a way to change the background colour for locked segments BEFORE they reach Word?

I could always change afterwards, but it would be great to have the program to do it automatically, so I wouldn't need to do it manually.

I mean the VERY dark grey (almost black) that is almost impossible to read on paper.
I do NOT mean the grey for 100/CM or so, that can be customized inside the export feature.

Thanks.

Stanislav Okhvat
Local time: 11:44
English to Russian
Background color of locked segments Nov 6, 2015

Hello,

I thought you could change the background color of locked rows in bilingual review documents under Project Options. Do you mean this color: https://gyazo.com/9c7ee2567c1474e62c57188c60b24251 ?

Best regards,
Stanislav

viking modena  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 10:44
Swedish to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No, much darker Nov 6, 2015

Thanks for trying anyway.

The grey you show is the one you can change under Options or Project Settings, indeed.
It's not that one.
Try to "lock" one of your segments and export file. It will get much darker.

Stanislav Okhvat
Local time: 11:44
English to Russian
Re: No, much darker Nov 6, 2015

Well, to tell the truth I don't use Studio on a daily basis (there is a trial version on a virtual machine at home), but I am currently developing a tool for another user of SDL Trados Studio which, among other things, hides locked rows in Microsoft Word bilingual review documents exported from Studio. The issue is, all DOCX bilingual review documents that I have seen so far have the color that I showed in the screenshot, not any other shade of gray color. Are you saying that there are two versions of gray color for locked segments? When does the gray color from my screenshot appear in exported bilingual review documents?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Best regards,
Stanislav

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Colour for locked segments

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search