Thread poster: Cesteves

Cesteves
United Kingdom
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Nov 6, 2015

Hello!
Please I need your help!!

I have just translated a text in SDL Trados 2015 but the title of the text is not translated in the target text. Does anyone know how to solve this?
I also have another problem.. I am translating and everything goes fine but when I open the target text version the symbol that is supposed to be there is another.. can you please help me?

Thanks a lot!

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 00:41
French to German
+ ...
What do you mean by "the title of the text"? Nov 7, 2015

Hi

Could you explain what you mean by "title of the text"?
All the text of your source document shows in segments in your Editor and whatever you have translated will show up in the target document.
Does the part you are missing show up in the source column or not?
And what do you mean by the missing "symbol"?
Again, can you see this symbol in the Editor?

Walter

Cesteves
United Kingdom
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
reply to Mr Blaser Nov 8, 2015

Thank you Mr Blaser for replying to me!

When I translate the title, which is identified by T in the very last column, I can actually see it translated in the target text column. it just does not show translated when I go to the preview or even when I save the target text and I go to check the client version, which is a web page. I am sorry I do not know how to explain this is in a better way... trados is absolutely new to me.

the symbol happens the same...it was supposed to be a # but it shows as a ? in the client version (webpage).

Thank you once againicon_smile.gif

Miguel Carmona  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:41
English to Spanish
... Nov 8, 2015

If you see the translated text in the target column in Trados, but not in the target file, it could be a color formatting issue. For instance, if you have white text on white background, then the text will not be visible.

You can check this by selecting the area where the text should be in the target file. You should be able to see the text. Then, you can change the color of either the background or the text accordingly to match the source file color formatting.

Good luck.

[Edited at 2015-11-08 16:42 GMT]

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Are you looking at the correct target text? Nov 8, 2015

Cesteves wrote:
I have just translated a text in SDL Trados 2015 but the title of the text is not translated in the target text.

My question is: where (in which folder) are you looking for the target text? Which way are you creating the target file: through "save target as" with subsequent choice of the target folder, or by clicking "finalise"? In each case the target file will be in a different place.

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
What format is your source file Nov 11, 2015

Cesteves wrote:

When I translate the title, which is identified by T in the very last column, I can actually see it translated in the target text column. it just does not show translated when I go to the preview or even when I save the target text and I go to check the client version, which is a web page. I am sorry I do not know how to explain this is in a better way... trados is absolutely new to me.

As you mention that the target is a web page and you see the code T in the Document Structure Information column, I assume that you are dealing with HTML files. Now, how do you preview your target document?

When you say "I go to check the client version, which is a web page", what exactly do you do? Studio will allow you to preview single HTML files, but you can't see how they will look once they have been imported into the web site again. In order to see the pages of the web site, you would first need to publish the HTML files again.

You mention specifically that the title does not show. But the title you mean (the T element in HTML) is not part of the text, it is a property. It describes what the HTML document is about, but because it is not part of the text, it will not show in a HTML preview. So, the fact that you can't see it is not an error, it is absolutely normal. This is quite different from a WORD document.

Walter

Cesteves
United Kingdom
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Nov 12, 2015

Thank you so much for all your repliesicon_smile.gif Now, I am able to understand the problem

I wish you all a lovely day!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with SDL Trados

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search