Thread poster: Nicole Mueller

Nicole Mueller
Germany
Local time: 07:48
Italian to German
+ ...
Nov 7, 2015

Hi,
I first installed the trial version of Trados Studio 2015, then I unistalled it and bought the full version (Freelance plus) as an upgrade from Studio 2011. My PC is running with Windows 8.1 and in the control panel from the programs there is no more Studio.
When I try to install Studio 2015 this error appears:
set-up did not complete. The error is: Set-up has detected a higher version of this product already installed. If you still wish to install this version, you must remove the other version first.

What can I do?
Thanks a lot in advance!

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
Why did you uninstall? Nov 7, 2015

Nicole

There was no need to uninstall because the software is the same for the trial and the full version. It is only the activation code that makes the trial become a licensed version.

It seems your uninstall did not completely finish. Please go to "Control Panel - Programs and Features" and check that there is really no SDL Trados Studio component there anymore. I ask this because Studio has several components and if you uninstall only one of them and do not select the one labelled something like "... suite ", you may end up with only some components uninstalled.

In addition, go to the "Installed Updates" section in "Programs and Features" and check that you don't have a Studio update there, which I suspect because this would explain why the installer tells you that your installed version is more recent. You probably installed CU1 or SR1.1 and this did not get uninstalled.

Make sure there is nothing left that includes the word "Studio" and also reboot your PC before you try to run the installer again.

Hope this helps.
Walter

Nicole Mueller
Germany
Italian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No way .. Nov 8, 2015

Thank you for your quick answer Walter and good question - I uninstalled it because I was in hurry and didn't think about it ...

No I have rechecked in the Control Panel - Programs and Features all files and found nothing from Studio (by the way my collegue told me to uninstall all Trados applications), also in the Installed Updates I didn't found anything. In addition I searched for Studio 2015 on the whole PC and did not found anything.

The older version, Studio 2011, I cannot reinstall because the license is working now only for 2015 and so I will try to reinstall maybe the trial version 2015? I tried it, it doesn't work ...

Maybe you or someone else has an idea what can I do, also because at the moment I am completly without SDL and cannot workicon_frown.gif

[Bearbeitet am 2015-11-08 11:50 GMT]

EDIT:

Now it works! I don't know what I did for it, but thank you very muchicon_biggrin.gif

[Bearbeitet am 2015-11-08 13:20 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Studio 2015 set-up error

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search