Spell Check with Tag Editor with Workbench--please HELP!!
Thread poster: Rody Correa Avila

Rody Correa Avila  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 09:31
Member (2011)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 9, 2015

Hi everybody,

Tag Editor's spellcheck is not working for me and I am in the middle of a large project. I tried the three options it offers and the Word "works" but obviously it stops all the time when I choose Spanish because both texts are on the file. ANY MAGIC WONDERFUL expert there that can help me?

Before I finish it I want to make sure I do a spellcheck as I know there are a lot of slips and they are not underlined red in Tag Editor as I am used to see with MS Office programs.

I am using Trados 2007 because it is the most (and only) compatible version with client.

I am doing the translation using Tag Editor & Workbench, most everything works fine, except for this. SOLUTION PLEASE dear colleagues.

Elías Sauza  Identity Verified
Mexico
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Let's see Nov 10, 2015

I assume that while translating, you used the 3 options in TE (Tools, Options): spell when closing a segment, spell when saving the file and always suggest corrections. That sould have provided you a fairly good result. Now, for spelling the target, you should have saved the file as target in order to only have one language in your final file, which I assume is Spanish.

Rody Correa Avila  Identity Verified
Mexico
Member (2011)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Nov 10, 2015

Gracias Elías.
I do have all three checked and yes my target language is Spanish.

It still does not check on-the-go, but I finally found a way to manually check it with Word Spell Check checked. y lo hace bien, claro que toma tiempo, pero por ahora será eso, porque debe estar faltando en la configuración para que muestre la palabra mal escrita subrayada en rojo o algo, para advertirme.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Spell Check with Tag Editor with Workbench--please HELP!!

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search