Spell Check with Tag Editor with Workbench--please HELP!!
Thread poster: Rody Correa Avila

Rody Correa Avila  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 00:29
Member (2011)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 9, 2015

Hi everybody,

Tag Editor's spellcheck is not working for me and I am in the middle of a large project. I tried the three options it offers and the Word "works" but obviously it stops all the time when I choose Spanish because both texts are on the file. ANY MAGIC WONDERFUL expert there that can help me?

Before I finish it I want to make sure I do a spellcheck as I know there are a lot of slips and they are not underlined red in Tag Editor as I am used to see with MS Office programs.

I am using Trados 2007 because it is the most (and only) compatible version with client.

I am doing the translation using Tag Editor & Workbench, most everything works fine, except for this. SOLUTION PLEASE dear colleagues.

Elías Sauza  Identity Verified
Mexico
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Let's see Nov 10, 2015

I assume that while translating, you used the 3 options in TE (Tools, Options): spell when closing a segment, spell when saving the file and always suggest corrections. That sould have provided you a fairly good result. Now, for spelling the target, you should have saved the file as target in order to only have one language in your final file, which I assume is Spanish.

Rody Correa Avila  Identity Verified
Mexico
Member (2011)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Nov 10, 2015

Gracias Elías.
I do have all three checked and yes my target language is Spanish.

It still does not check on-the-go, but I finally found a way to manually check it with Word Spell Check checked. y lo hace bien, claro que toma tiempo, pero por ahora será eso, porque debe estar faltando en la configuración para que muestre la palabra mal escrita subrayada en rojo o algo, para advertirme.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Spell Check with Tag Editor with Workbench--please HELP!!

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search