Thread poster: Maxim Polukhin

Maxim Polukhin  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:35
Member (2011)
English to Russian
+ ...
Nov 10, 2015

Dear collegues,

When I was working with SDL Trados Sudio 2014 AT THE SAME TIME I was extremly effectively using simple Autohotkey scripts along with autosuggest, autotext, termbase.

For example ::bb::by, ::tt::the, ::plmk::Please let me know

I remember by heart around 4000 such scripts so I can’t imagine my work without them.

My Autohotkey scripts do not work properly with SDL Trados Sudio 2015.

Please let me know what can be the reason for this problem.

[Edited at 2015-11-10 10:51 GMT]

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:35
English
AHK and Studio Nov 10, 2015

Hi Maxim,

It may help to be a little more specific about what doesn't work rather than a blanket scripts don't work properly.

However, Studio 2015 introduced a couple of new automation features which can conflict with AHK scripts that do something similar:

1. Autocorrect
2. TM and AT AutoSuggest

There is a free upgrade to 2015 SR1 which resolved most of the issues users of AHK complained about when 2015 was launched, so it's worth making sure you have the latest update. It is an autoupdate so you can do this from within Studio.

If you have the laatest version then you will need to be more specific about what doesn't work.

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Conflict of SDL Trados Sudio 2015 and Autohotkey

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search