Just installed TS 2015, cannot open files in the editor (script error and/or dll error)
Thread poster: Johanna González

Johanna González  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:18
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 11, 2015

Hi,

I just purchased Trados Studio Starter Edition 2015 (v. 12) because my 2014 license expired. However, after installing the new version, I find myself unable to work because the program won't let me open files or open the editor view.

Steps up to the error message:

Welcome view - click on "Translate single document" - browse to document and select - set languages - add/select TM - click "OK"

Error message 1

Error en el script de esta página (error in this page's script)
Línea: 1
Carácter: 1
Error: Unexpected exception when getting view part instance of view part Translation Results
Código: 0
URL: file:///C:/Program%20Files/SDL/SDL%20Trados%20Studio/Studio4/Welcome/index.htm

Quiere continuar ejecutando etc, etc. (Do you wish to continue executing scripts in this page?)

Yes - No

Click yes or no (doesn't matter) = nothing happens. Then...

...I repeat the process (Welcome view - click on Translate Single Document - browse to document and select - set languages - add/select TM - click OK)

and get this other error message 2:

A procedure imported by "Sdl.DesktopEditor.Control.dll" could not be loaded.

At some point the software crashes.

I have tried with several individual documents and with files within a package from an older project.

Things I have tried:

Uninstall all SDL versions (2014 and 2015), reinstall 2015 -> didn't help
Followed these instructions (didn't help):

"Delete the main user-specific files:

Exit SDL Trados Studio.
Browse to the relevant directory:
Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\[USERNAME]\Application Data\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\[VERSIONNUMBER]
Windows Vista/7: C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\[VERSIONNUMBER]
Here you find the following 3 files:
BaseSettings.xml
plugincache.xml
UserSettings.xml
Delete all 3 files.

This will reset SDL Trados Studio to the factory defaults."

Java is up to date, OS: Windows Vista Home Basic (and it speaks three languages - that is why my error messages are bilingualicon_wink.gif )

Any ideas how I can solve this?

[Edited at 2015-11-11 20:49 GMT]

[Edited at 2015-11-11 21:13 GMT]

SDL_Guillaume
Local time: 10:18
Windows Vista Nov 12, 2015

Dear Johanna,

This is Guillaume from SDL.

Please note that SDL Trados Studio 2015 does not support Vista: http://www.translationzone.com/products/sdl-trados-studio/?c=27916#27916

If you need further help, please do not hesitate to contact us via the chat: bit.ly/SDLChat

Kind regards,

Guillaume

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Just installed TS 2015, cannot open files in the editor (script error and/or dll error)

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search