Off topic: SDL Trados Group buy question
Thread poster: Sonya Gerisch

Sonya Gerisch  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:19
Member (2004)
German to English
Nov 11, 2015

I apologize because this is not exactly the right place, but I cannot find any place else to ask this. For the SDL Trados Group buy that is currently ongoing (full but still taking names), does anyone know if this is only for new purchases or if it also includes upgrades from 2014?

I looked on the wishlist page and did not see anything for those wishing to have a group buy for the 2014 version to 2015 so I found that sort of strange.

Can anyone advise?

Thanks in advance.

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 02:19
French to German
+ ...
Always only for first time purchases Nov 12, 2015

Sonya

AFAIK, the group buy offers always concern only the purchase of the full product. This makes sense because the intention is to give people an opportunity to buy the product with a quite substantial discount (30-50%). Once they own the product, they can then purchase their upgrades to newer versions from the software company. You can't expect to get such large discounts on upgrade prices.

Walter

SDL_Steve  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:19
Member (2014)
English to Arabic
Group Buy.Upgrades Nov 12, 2015

Hi Sonia,

Of course Walter is right- TGB's are generally always for new license purchases.
However you can contact us directly -

www.sdl.com/CXDesk

and we will ensure that you always get the very best discount possible.

The current upgrade discounts are 20% so still a substantial saving.

Kr
SDL_Steve

Sonya Gerisch  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:19
Member (2004)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Discount Nov 12, 2015

I didn't say I was expecting the same discount did I?

I only asked if there was a group buy. Patronizing answers are not helpful.

I have been a full-time translator for more than 15 years and have been using Trados since version 3, so I'm aware of what discounts are normally applied.

I can probably get the next version from one of my agencies who is a qualied vendor at a discounted price.

Thank you.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Group buy question

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search