Autosuggest dictionary studio 2015 freelance - language combinations
Thread poster: IdentityT

IdentityT  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:27
Nov 12, 2015

Hi,
I've recently purchased Trados 2015 and went to the SDL website to download an autosuggest dictionary. My language is DE (Germany) - EN (UK).
The available download is DE - EN (US), so Trados didn't allow it. I've read on forums the workaround is create your own and use the download. And to go to Tools - options.

Please can anyone advise on the below?

1) I don't seem to have a Tools option. Should it be located in the tabs at the top (I have File/ Home/ View/ Add-Ins/ Help?

2) Do I need to buy Autosuggest create in order to get around this?

3) Does anyone know of a DE (Germany) - EN (UK) dictionary that could get me started?

Thank you very much!
Jen

sdl_roman
United Kingdom
AutoSuggest Creator Nov 12, 2015

Hi

I would advise you to take a look at the video about creating AutoSuggest dictionaries:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0m8t2K1YLE

Please note, that the AutoSuggest Creation option is only available with a FULL Freelance license, NOT however with the Starter version of software.

Kind Regards,

SDL_Roman

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 13:27
French to German
+ ...
You need to purchase the add-on "AutoSuggest Creator" Nov 12, 2015

Jen

The Freelance version does not include the function to create ASDs, you need to purchase the add-on "AutoSuggest Creator".

The reason you don't find the command under "Tools" is because there is no "Tools" menu anymore in Studio 2015. The instructions you mention apply to an older version of the product. You'll find the command on the ribbon when you are in the "Welcome" screen.

On the other hand, let me point out that Studio 2015 features the enhanced AutoSuggest 2.0 feature, which gives you automatic suggestions directly from your TM. This means that you can more or less achieve the same result without the need for an ASD. In your use case, you would then need to get the corresponding TM instead.

Walter

IdentityT  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Nov 12, 2015

Thanks Walter, that's really useful info. I've found the Create AutoSuggest Dictionary (faded out).

I'm still building my TM so I guess it will work better when there is more content for it to go on!icon_smile.gif

We've just moved back from Switzerland - lived there for 6.5 years!
Thanks again.

And thank you Roman - I've made a note of the link for if I purchase it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Autosuggest dictionary studio 2015 freelance - language combinations

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search