Iuliana Bozkurt  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 07:50
Member (2008)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Nov 16, 2015

Hello,

I believe that after the latest SDL Studio 2015 update, its internal date and time settings have changed. Beforehand, dates used to be expressed in the DD/MM/YYYY format, and time in the 24 hour format. Now, I am seeing the US system instead (mm/dd/yyyy and am/pm).

I am sure there must be a simple way of reverthing this change, but I haven't figured it out yet. This thing appears in the bottom right corner of the TM view. I would attach a print screen, but I don't see this option available here.

Any input would be much appreciated!

Thanks a lot!

Iuliana

Direct link Reply with quote

Dmitry Pakidov
Russian Federation
Starting from SR1… Nov 16, 2015

…the internal date and time format used by Studio is inherited from the regional settings of the language used as Studio’s UI language, e.g., if you select “English (United States)”, you get “11/16/2015 6:00 PM”, and if you switch the UI language to “Russian (Russia)”, you get “16.11.2015 18:00”. AFAIK there’s no workaround for this issue.

Paul, this is clearly not intended behaviour, a fix soon perhaps?

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 06:50
French to German
+ ...
Is a known problem being investigated Nov 16, 2015

Iuliana

What you describe is a known problem that has been introduced with SR1.1. SDL is informed and the problem should be fixed in a forthcoming release.

Walter

Romania
Member (2008)
English to Romanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Nov 16, 2015

Thank you, Walter, it is good to know that they will be addressing this soon

Romania
Member (2008)
English to Romanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
This does not apply in my case... Nov 16, 2015

Hi Dmitry,

I am not sure if I understood you correctly. Are you referring to the fact that Studio imports your operating system's (Windows 7, in my case) time and date settings? If so, it would be quite strange, as my time and date settings are set to Romanian (Romania) and, nonetheless, Studio shows the translation units' date in American English format...

Dmitry Pakidov
Russian Federation
Studio date and time format corresponds to regional settings for specific UI language Nov 17, 2015

Hi Iuliana,

What I meant was that previously, prior to SR1, the date and time presentation format used in Studio was taken directly from your system’s regional settings, e.g. “17.11.2015 21:30” for Romanian.

However, starting from SR1 the date and time presentation format used in Studio is mistakenly taken from the regional settings which correspond to the UI language name, rather than the language you have selected in your system (in your case, Romanian). E.g., in Studio:

- if you select the “English (United States)” UI language, you get “11/17/2015 9:30 PM”,
- if you select the “German (Germany)” UI language, you get “17.11.2015 21:30”.
- etc.

[Edited at 2015-11-17 08:35 GMT]

Katerina O.  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
English to Russian
+ ...
Has this been fixed yet? Does anyone know a solution? Mar 23, 2016

Or do all English speaking users go with US date format?
Thank you

George Cook
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:50
French to English
+ ...
Not fixed yet Mar 24, 2016

I was told by a couple of SDL representatives that this issue with US date/time style would be fixed in SR2 but, alas, it isn't.

Hopefully it will be fixed in a forthcoming CU.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Changing local time and date in SDL Studio 2015

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search