*Urgent* Linking 2 XML Files together in Trados ENDE - Help!
Thread poster: Cameron Bishop

Cameron Bishop  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 20:55
Nov 18, 2015

Problem, from client: "You gave us back the XLIFF with the translated word replacing the
original. There's no connection to the English.

In the German.xml, you'll see a list of phrases, trans-units. For each one of those, there should be the original phrase, the source, which is English, followed by the target, which is the translation, which in this case is de-DE. The source is German and the target is empty, so we have no way to import this to map the translation to the original.

For example: The source was Silver, but now it's Silber and the target is empty. The source should remain Silver and the target should be Silber."

If you are able to fix this problem in the above language combination, providing I supply both language XML files, please reply with the best means of contact, and I will be in touch. I am willing to pay well for this, and would stress that this is a very urgent request. Same day appreciated.

Thanks!

Cameron

[Edited at 2015-11-18 21:54 GMT]

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 02:55
French to German
+ ...
Why don't you run the translation through again? Nov 18, 2015

Cameron

Assuming you have stored your translations in a TM, I suggest you simply redo the translation using the pretranslate function but this time opening the XLIFF file with the correct filetype (as a bilingual file). Your target will then be a bilingual XLIFF (.XLF) file that your client can use.

Walter

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:55
English
If you... Nov 18, 2015

... can send me your files, the original source and the translated version too then I'll be happy to take a look for you.

Regards

Paul
pfilkin@sdl.com
SDL Community Support

Cameron Bishop  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 20:55
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks All! Nov 18, 2015

Thanks Walter, I am going to explore this now.

Paul, very much appreciated, amazing that you've replied so quickly. I have emailed you the source and target files as requested. Please advise once you have received them.

It's definitely a problem that occurred by not getting a bilingual source file, I have confirmed as much.

Cameron

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

*Urgent* Linking 2 XML Files together in Trados ENDE - Help!

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search