TM - determine source file of the translation?
Thread poster: SMarzouk

SMarzouk
Germany
Local time: 05:21
German to Arabic
+ ...
Nov 19, 2015

Hello, I have built in Trados 2011 a TM out of different XLIFF files (let say xliff file A, B and C). if I am searching for example for the translation of the word "data" in this TM and I get more than one match, is it possible to know, from which XLIFF file exactly was each match found?

Thanks a lot for your helpicon_smile.gif

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 05:21
French to German
+ ...
Only if you set up a field with this information Nov 19, 2015

By default, a TU (translation unit) only stores the name of the user and the timestamp when the TU has been created (same for modified and last accessed). It does not store any more information.
But you can define as many user-specific fields as you want (in the Settings of the TM under "Fields and Settings"). So you could define a field that contains the name of the document you translate. You would however need to enter the document name into this field when you start a translation job.

You may also have a look at the OpenExchange app "Record Source TU". You'll find it here:
http://www.translationzone.com/openexchange/app/recordsourcetu-880.html#91378

Walter

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TM - determine source file of the translation?

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search