Ed Ashley  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:06
Member (2015)
French to English
+ ...
Nov 19, 2015

Hi all,

I recently invested in Trados Studio 2015 Freelance Plus (the one with the extra licence, so I could use it on both my desktop and laptop). I installed it on my desktop computer but due to a suspected software conflict had to uninstall and reinstall. On uninstalling I was prompted to deactivate my licence unless I would be reinstalling on the same computer. No problem, then, I thought. But after reinstalling the program I logged into my SDL account to find that, sure enough, both of my licences had been used up!

From my account I followed a link to the SDL Support page, but from there, when I tried to log a support ticket I was simply directed back to my account page. But before I make an irate phone call to SDL I wondered if anybody here could share any wisdom.

Thanks!

xxxfivexs
Ireland
English to Finnish
+ ...
call them Nov 19, 2015

You should definitely give them a call - since this happened on their systems, there isn't pretty much anything else you can do.

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 21:06
French to German
+ ...
Open a ticket for licensing support Nov 19, 2015

Ed

Go to kb.sdl.com, click on "Solution Finder" and select the option referring to Licensing issues. Click through the options that fit your situation all the way through until you finally get a form where you can ask to be contacted. Fill in your contact details and SDL will contact your or even silly reset both of your licenses if you ask for this in the text of the email.

Walter

Ed Ashley  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2015)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Many thanks! Nov 19, 2015

Thank you, both! I'll try Walter's suggestion and if I still don't have any luck I will give them a call.

Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Maybe this helps Nov 19, 2015

I once had the same thing, it was solved by SDL, but they sent me this message:

You can do this yourself.

You can reset your own license by using the Self Service option in your MySDL account for SDL Trados 2011 and SDL Trados Studio 2014.

Go to KB article #5196 ( http://kb.sdl.com/kb/article?ArticleId=5196 ) and follow the instructions.

Then for 2007... go to KB article #4295 ( http://kb.sdl.com/kb/article?ArticleId=4295 ) and follow the instructions.

You you don't try, you'll never know.icon_smile.gif

[Edited at 2015-11-19 17:54 GMT]

[Edited at 2015-11-19 17:55 GMT]

[Edited at 2015-11-19 21:03 GMT]

Hendrien Stobbe  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2010)
German to Dutch
+ ...
I had the same problem Nov 19, 2015

Here: http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/291827-trados_studio_freelance_plus_deactivate_extra_activation.html

I followed the instructions in artikel # 5196 and the problem was solved!

Good luck,
Hendrien

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
The self-service option does not (yet) apply to Stduio 2015 Nov 19, 2015

Hendrien Stobbe wrote:

Here: http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/291827-trados_studio_freelance_plus_deactivate_extra_activation.html

I followed the instructions in artikel # 5196 and the problem was solved!

Good luck,
Hendrien

Hendrien

FYI: unfortunately, the method you suggest works only for Studio 2011 and 2014, but not yet for Studio 2015, which Ed has.

Walter

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados used both of my licences for one computer

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search