Computer broken. Can my licence be saved?
Thread poster: Frank Rosenbauer

Frank Rosenbauer  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 20:12
English to German
+ ...
Nov 20, 2015

My computer broke and it had a Trados Studio Starter licence on it (which was only two weeks old, annoyingly).

All my data is gone now, so I can't deactivate it. Is there any way to save the license?

Thank you all in advance.

[Edited at 2015-11-20 15:07 GMT]

[Edited at 2015-11-20 15:08 GMT]

564354352 (X)  Identity Verified
Denmark
Danish to English
+ ...
Contact SDL Support and explain Nov 20, 2015

This happened to me two years ago. I contacted SDL Support and explained the situation to them, and they made my license available for download again. They were very helpful.

I guess this could be abused, but I presume that SDL is willing to trust that people don't do that...

SDL_Guillaume
Local time: 19:12
License return Nov 20, 2015

Hello,

This is Guillaume from SDL.

You will need to request an activation return to our Support team.

To do so, please go in Solution Finder: http://kb.sdl.com/#tab:SFTab:crumb:0

Then go in Licensing Problem, I use SDL Trados Studio 2015, I need to have my license reset, I followed the instructions, etc. It will open a form on the right, which you must fill and send to Support.

Kind regards,

Guillaume

2nl (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Dropbox can save you Nov 20, 2015

Frank Rosenbauer wrote:

All my data is gone now,

May I suggest that on your new computer you save your projects in Dropbox. It doesn't interfere with Studio. When everything goes wrong, you still have your translation in the cloud.

You can use encryption if you need it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Computer broken. Can my licence be saved?

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search