knowing the percentage of fuzzies in remaining parts (non translated parts)
Thread poster: Bashir Baqi

Bashir Baqi  Identity Verified
Georgia
Member (2015)
Farsi (Persian) to English
+ ...
Nov 21, 2015

Hello Dear Colleagues
How can I find out (In Trados 2011, 2014 or 2015) how much and what percentage of my remaining parts (non translated parts) are fuzzies or repetitions and their related details and statistics please?
Many Thanks in Advance for your great helps
sincerely yours

Elif Baykara Narbay  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 09:01
German to Turkish
+ ...
It depends Nov 21, 2015

Fuzzies are calculated against a specific translation memory, that is, they are the matching parts to a specific translation.

When you are translating, if you are at the same time updating your TM, your fuzzies would differ in profile because now they are calculated against a different TM.

If you are not updating your TM, or if you calculate your fuzzies against the original TM, you would have a "comparable" statistics.

In both cases, just analyze your file using the "analyze" option under batch tasks. The TM you use would define the fuzzies you get.

Elif

Georgia
Member (2015)
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Restating the question Nov 21, 2015

How can I find out (In Trados 2011, 2014 or 2015) what percentage of remaining parts and non translated parts of source text are fuzzies or repetitions ?
Many Thanks in Advance for your great helps
sincerely yours

Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 00:01
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Run an Analysis Nov 22, 2015

1. Go to the Files view, make sure your target language is selected from the drop-down menu on the left
2. Select the files you want to check
3. Right-click the selected files
4. Choose Batch Tasks - Analyze files - Finish - Close
5. From the bottom pane of the Files view window, select the Analysis Statistics tab

Alternatively, instead of just looking at the Statistics tab, you can switch to the Reports view and open the latest report.

Georgia
Member (2015)
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Many Thanks Nov 22, 2015

Many Thanks
but the latest report does not show fuzzies of non translated left parts of source text
(I tried this before)
yours

Elif Baykara Narbay  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 09:01
German to Turkish
+ ...
This is because Nov 22, 2015

Bashir Baqi wrote:

Many Thanks
but the latest report does not show fuzzies of non translated left parts of source text
(I tried this before)
yours

the analysis is carried out on the whole document and so are the fuzzies. The source is not modified as you translate. The modifications are performed on the target file.

If you want a healthy estimate of your current fuzzies, maybe saving your target file as it is, then preparing a new project using this newly saved file and then analyzing this new xliff file would be a solution.

I hope that it helps.

Elif

[Edited at 2015-11-22 17:56 GMT]

Mexico
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Clarification Nov 22, 2015

I may not be understanding your question correctly. Can you explain a bit more about what you mean by " non translated left parts"?

Do you mean untranslated segments in your file? If so, a regular analysis should do it.

For example, if I have a 10-segment file, the first time I run an analysis, I'll get fuzzies (if there are any) reported for all 10 segments. After I translate and confirm 4 segments and save the file, if I run a new analysis on the partially translated file, the report will show fuzzies (assuming there are any) for the 6 untranslated segments, and so on.

Georgia
Member (2015)
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Dear Nora Nov 22, 2015

Dear Nora
thanks for your help
yeah exactly! I mean untranslated segments in source text,
but I need a percentage not number (like your example 6 untranslated segments I need to show me 60 %)
yours

Mexico
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Change the display unit Nov 23, 2015

Oh, sorry, I had missed the fact that you want the percentages and not the word counts.

In the Files view, select the Analysis Statistics tab, and go to the top left of the bottom pane. There is a dropdown called Display where you can select Count, Percentage or Both.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

knowing the percentage of fuzzies in remaining parts (non translated parts)

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search