Thread poster: Wojciech_ (X)
Wojciech_ (X)
Wojciech_ (X)
Poland
Local time: 19:11
English to Polish
+ ...
Dec 1, 2015

Well, I'm facing the wall here. Whenever I wish to EDIT or ADD a term in my termbase - either from Studio 2015 level or in Multiterm 2015, I get this message: "Value cannot be null. Parameter name: input" and I can't do anything, but cancel editing.
Has anyone had a similar problem? I tried with the previous Multiterm version (before Service Release), but to no avail?
I've checked that a similar message appeared when there was some conflict with Canon drivers, but I don't have any Ca
... See more
Well, I'm facing the wall here. Whenever I wish to EDIT or ADD a term in my termbase - either from Studio 2015 level or in Multiterm 2015, I get this message: "Value cannot be null. Parameter name: input" and I can't do anything, but cancel editing.
Has anyone had a similar problem? I tried with the previous Multiterm version (before Service Release), but to no avail?
I've checked that a similar message appeared when there was some conflict with Canon drivers, but I don't have any Canon hardware, so that's not it...

UPDATE: I can confirm that adding and editing terms works with the older 4809 version, but (at least in my case) not with the newer one... I returned to 4809 and editing terms worked perfectly, then updated again to 4961.2 and... it's not working anymore.

[Edited at 2015-12-01 01:14 GMT]

[Edited at 2015-12-01 01:24 GMT]
Collapse

sdl_roman
sdl_roman
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:11
Error message when opening files in SDL Trados Studio Dec 1, 2015

Hi Wojciech,

We have an article about this error message in our Knowledge Base system.

Please take a look at it and try to follow the proposed solution:

http://kb.sdl.com/#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:3234

I hope this will help!

Kind Regards,

SDL_Roman

Wojciech_ (X)
Wojciech_ (X)
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No luck Dec 1, 2015

sdl_roman wrote:

Hi Wojciech,

We have an article about this error message in our Knowledge Base system.

Please take a look at it and try to follow the proposed solution:

http://kb.sdl.com/#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:3234

I hope this will help!

Kind Regards,

SDL_Roman

Hi Roman,

Thank you for your help, but the nature of my problem is different,
as you may see in this video.
First I'm trying to add new term here and then edit another one.
https://youtu.be/70KTb8k6QnA

The same thing happens in Multiterm (the newest version).
Interestingly I can add and edit terms in the older version of the Studio 2015 (4809 I believe), but this version has its own problems, so I would really prefer to stick to the newest one...

[Edited at 2015-12-01 15:27 GMT]

I tried to install the earlier version of Multiterm combined with the Studio 2015 SR1 to see what happens, and in this configuration whenever I try to open any termbase in Multiterm, I get message:

-

There was a problem opening the termbase at C:\Users\woyo\Documents\Studio 2015\Termbases\2\General.sdltb. Check that this is a valid termbase and that you have permission to access it.

-

System.ArgumentException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089

MultiTerm120.Server.Termbase12.0

-

-

SDL MultiTerm

MultiTerm12

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Service Pack 1

woyo-PC\woyo

WOYO-PC

True

6289588 MB

[Edited at 2015-12-01 15:34 GMT]

[Edited at 2015-12-01 20:33 GMT]

sdl_roman
sdl_roman
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:11
opening files in SDL Trados Studio Dec 1, 2015

Hi Wojciech,

Thank you for the Video.

This is most likely to be a settings issue I think, therefore I would advise you to register for free on our SDL Community Forum, where professional translators and SDL gurus help each other.

I'm sure you will find a quick solution on the forum

Kind Regards,

SDL_Roman

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
Are you using a server-based TB? Dec 2, 2015

Wojciech

I watched your video and what surprises me is the caption of the error message window you get "Connecting to web page ..".

What type is the termbase you have assigned to this project? Is it a server-based termbase? If yes, which version of GroupShare is the hosting server running?

Does the problem also occur if you assign a file-based termbase? Please try this, just to narrow down what could be causing this.

Walter

Wojciech_ (X)
Wojciech_ (X)
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not really Dec 2, 2015

Walter Blaser wrote:

Wojciech

I watched your video and what surprises me is the caption of the error message window you get "Connecting to web page ..".

What type is the termbase you have assigned to this project? Is it a server-based termbase? If yes, which version of GroupShare is the hosting server running?

Does the problem also occur if you assign a file-based termbase? Please try this, just to narrow down what could be causing this.

Walter

Walter,

I run only file-based termbases, so the caption was indeed interesting.

Luckily, I was able to resolve the problem with much appreciated help of the Support Centre
Unfortunately I still don't know what the nature of the problem was. It might be the fact that I installed Studio without 'Run as Administrator' command, but I'm not sure.

The only thing in the remote session that was different from my earlier efforts to resolve the problem, was that after the uninstallation and the new installation of Studio, Windows asked to be restarted, which never happened before.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Value cannot be null. Parameter name: input"

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »