Studio 2015: How to make a global setting for auto-substition for measurements?
Thread poster: Roy Oestensen

Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 14:29
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Dec 2, 2015

In English there is customarily no space between the measure and the measure unit, for instance 6mm.

In Norwegian there should be a space: 6 mm

But even though 6mm=> 6 mm is marked as 100% match in the TM, Studio changes autopropagation to
6mm => 6mm
which is wrong for Norwegian (and for other languages)

Currently Studio has set up globally that target measurements should be equal to source, even if the segment that is propagated is not. I have found where to change this on project basis, but I don't find anywhere to make a global setting.

Anyone who can help?

Roy

Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 06:29
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Options Dec 2, 2015

Hi Roy,

Would this be what you're looking for?

Options - Language Pairs - (Specific Language Pair) - Translation Memory and Automated Translation - Autosubstitution - Measurements - Always insert a normal/non-breaking space between the number and the unit

Of course this won't have any effect on existing projects, for each of which the setting would need to be changed via Project Settings.

Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 14:29
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Language pairs were missing Dec 2, 2015

Thanks, your suggestion helped, and I can see why I could not find the option.

In my copy of Studio only "All Languae pairs" were present, but I discovered that it was possible to add my specific language pairs. Strange that they are not present by default, since I can only add 5 languages at installation time.

Roy

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2015: How to make a global setting for auto-substition for measurements?

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search