Paolo Troiani  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 23:49
Member (2010)
English to Italian
+ ...
Dec 3, 2015

Hello,

I am sorry if this topic has been discussed before, but I made some research and did not find anything similar.

I have one source PDF file, 1.8 MB. It is not very heavy but with it has 71 pages with lots of graphs and figures, especially in the last part.
When I pretranslate with a very reliable TM, which is created with translations of similar documents, it gets stuck at 95% and does not move further.

I even left PC working all night to test it!

I use the following settings in the pretranslate function:
1) Minimum match value = 80
2) Overwrite existing translation if better match found
3) After applying translation:" confirm 100% matches" and "confirm context matches"
4) When no match found: "leave target segment empty"

Thing is that if I export the PDF in txt, pretranslation works, but still veeery slowly.
Moreover, as you can imagine, I cannot really work with this source format because figures and graphs are parsed everywhere.

Is it just a matter of layout or weight in the source document or Is there any setting I can change to solve this problem?

Moving forward in the project I realized that if I add one more similar file (same source language, same format, nearly same lenght) even the batch processing functions, after having performed "convert to transatable format" and "copy t target language" get stuck at 95% of the file and leave uncomplete the following three steps : "apply perfect match" - "pretranslate files" - "Analyze file"

Thanks in advance for your help
Paolo

[Edited at 2015-12-04 00:38 GMT]

Paolo Troiani  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 23:49
Member (2010)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Again, SDL Studio 2014 gets stuck and does not upload file Mar 8, 2016

Once again, SDL Trados Studio, when uploading one single PDF file (this time only 2 MB) does not perform any batch task.
What is more annoying is that I cannot even convert the file into translatable format, so I am obliged to work without SDL!!

Still no help on this?

Thanks

Paolo Troiani

sdl_roman
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:49
SDL Studio 2014 gets stuck and does not upload file Mar 9, 2016

Hi Paolo,

Please take a look at the the following article written by Paul Filkin about Studio and PDF's files:
http://multifarious.filkin.com/2013/02/04/handling_pdf/

For further help please join our SDL Community at http://xl8.one where
Professionals helping Professionals with all your SDL Studio questions and where, I am sure, you
will be able to find a solution for this issue.

Kind Regards,

SDL_Roman

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Studio 2014 SP2 pretranslate get stuck at 95%

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search