Thread poster: Gordana Sujdovic

Gordana Sujdovic  Identity Verified
Serbia
Member (2010)
English to Serbian
+ ...
Dec 4, 2015

Did someone have such an issue?

I had formatted file in Word, 100 pages stretched to 250. Text with specific headers, some text, then tables with some bullets, uniform throughout file. I translated at start several segments, saved target to check layout and it was OK. I completed translation after several days and luckily left one day to read it in target because spellchecker in my language is not quite reliable; it does not recognize some words, otherwise correctly written. I wasn't worried when I saw after around 60% of text that English text remained in target till the end, thinking that I maybe didn't click on Save.

I did it again, the same happened. I unchecked all segments and clicked through complete file to make new TM. I was sure it would function; I made a new project, it was 100% confirmed, and the same happened. At that moment of panic, I could not think of anything else but to copy-paste 40 pages, some segments being tiny. It took me 11 hours.

I did it on time, and checked text while copying. Does someone know how this is to be solved?

I remembered only after 10 days to try it in MemoQ. It accepted 94% of text, skipping some segments in that second part.

Thanks

Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 20:40
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
60% confirmed in Studio or 60% exported in translation? Dec 4, 2015

I am not sure if I understand the issue totally.

Did you try to export the translation when it was 60% confirmed and the translation would not be exported? As long as all cells are filled, even if they are not confirmed, you should really be fine.

I have at times found that Studio doesn't want to report 100% confirmed, but I have not had any problems with exporting the finished translation even so.

Roy

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 20:40
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Problem tag Dec 4, 2015

In heavily formatted Word files a tag sometimes gets lost between segments in Studio. As a result the translated segments aren't saved to the target file from that point onwards.

Read this post to see what Paul Filkin advises:
http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/280517-generated_translation_half_in_source_text_half_in_target_text.html

Serbia
Member (2010)
English to Serbian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you both.. Dec 4, 2015

...for some possible next time.

100% confirmed, and 60% in exported file was target language, the rest 40% was English.

No, I didn't remember to run tag verification:( I discovered all after I read completed .sdlxliff file, fixed some typos and issues. Then I wanted to read it slowly again in target Word file, and when I was at around 150th page, out of 250, it happened from there.

In fact, Emma, the only person I thought of, that could have saved me, were you, and it was 3 a.m.

[Edited at 2015-12-04 09:47 GMT]

Serbia
Member (2010)
English to Serbian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Emma, Dec 4, 2015

You were right...as always; tags.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio didn't save 40% of translation in target file

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search