SubRip file type error (Studio 2014 SP2 11.2.4422.11)
Thread poster: Marine Sarda

Marine Sarda
France
Local time: 20:20
English to French
+ ...
Dec 8, 2015

Hello everyone,

I am currently working on a subtitling project with multiple files that were apparently created with SubRip.

Although I can open each file individually, I cannot open them all at once: autopropagate doesn't work which is a problem since the project has lots of repetitions.

I downloaded the SubRip file type on OpenExchange but, even after restarting Trados and my computer multiple times, the problem is still the same.

Here is the situation : when I try to open all the files together, an error appears:

Une erreur inattendue s'est produite lors de l'activation de l'affichage du document.

System.NullReferenceException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089

Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor

When I close this error, another one appears :"La référence d'objet n'est pas définie à une instance d'un objet". (I tried the solution provided by SDL for this one, it doesn't work)

Then, when I open an individual file, nothing bad happens but a message appears in the "Messages" tab in the TM window: "Ce fichier a été créé à l'aide d'une définition de type de fichier qui n'existe pas sur votre système (SubRip v 1.0.0.0). Les fonctionnalités suivantes seront restreintes...".

Let me add that the file type I installed earlier appears in the parameters and is activated (box ticked). I also tried to install it on my other computer with the same Trados version, the problem is the same.

Do you have an idea how to solve this?

Thanks for your help!

SDL_Guillaume
Local time: 19:20
Error messages Dec 8, 2015

Dear Ms Sarda,

This is Guillaume from SDL.

Apart from "La référence d'objet..." I do not know the other error messages and so far I have been unable to find them in our KB.

Could you please post your query in the SDL Community? https://community.sdl.com/

It is a community where professional translators and SDL experts provide free support.

Kind regards,

Guillaume

Lorenzo Bermejo
English to Spanish
+ ...
@Marine Dec 8, 2015

Hi Marine, I'm only guessing, but maybe your problem occurs because you have the filetype appearing in File > Options > Filetypes, but not in your Project settings > Filetypes?
This has happened to me with customized filetypes, which wouldn't be added automatically to the filetypes in Project settings of my current project.
Good luck.

Marine Sarda
France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Dec 8, 2015

@Lorenzo: Thanks for your contribution, that's actually a good idea. The only problem now is that it is a server-based project created by my client and that I don't have access to these settings... ah, technology!

But thank you, I'll get in touch with them just in case.

@Guillaume: Thank you for your time, I'll try to post my query in the SDL Community.

Thanks again.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SubRip file type error (Studio 2014 SP2 11.2.4422.11)

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search