Issue with SDL Trados Studio 2014 freelance after...
Thread poster: Giusi Tucci

Giusi Tucci  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 10:24
English to Italian
+ ...
Dec 8, 2015

Hello everyone,
I really hope that somebody will be able to give me a quick solution to my problem, since it's pretty urgenticon_frown.gif
I have used SDL Trados Studio 2014 Freelance up to two days ago, when I decided to upgrade the licence to 2015 freelance edition. I made this choice, willing to use both versions though, and experts had assured me this was completely possible. It tuns out that in 2014 version concordance search does not work anymore and well..we could say that without TM use, any CAT tool could be deemed as useless....so...since the licence I had has been upgraded, is there a way I can make concordance work again or do I have to uninstall 2015 hoping to go back to 2014 with the same licence? From what I've read it's not possible to downgrade from 2015 to 2014... but the experts had assured me the perfect coesistance of both versions, so I didn't think this would have been a problem...icon_frown.gif I am pretty lost now, because I don't want to pay another licence in case 2014 version won't work with the one I have...Can you please help me in some way? I work with Trados almost everyday, I would not like to lose my clientsicon_frown.gif

Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 02:24
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Why not use Studio 2015? Dec 8, 2015

I have both versions running and working fine on my computer, so I really don't know what could be wrong in your case, but if you have installed Studio 2015, why not work there if Studio 2014 is not working? You can open your project in Studio 2015 and easily pick up there.

SDL_Guillaume
Local time: 09:24
Concordance Dec 9, 2015

Hi,

This is Guillaume from SDL.

I see that you emailed me yesterday evening. I have just replied to you.

Kind regards,

Guillaume

BEATRICE BALTHAZART
English to French
+ ...
Interested by the answer/solution Dec 9, 2015

Is Guillaume's answer "top secret"? Because I would like to know how he solved the problem. I have bought Trados 2015 Freelance Plus (upgrade) but not installed it yet. My idea was also to work with both versions until acquainted with T 2015. As I can read from this post, it is not possible (?) though indicated by the "experts" in some SDL web page... Where is the thruth in this story?

Béatrice

Giusi Tucci  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solved Dec 9, 2015

BEATRICE BALTHAZART wrote:

Is Guillaume's answer "top secret"? Because I would like to know how he solved the problem. I have bought Trados 2015 Freelance Plus (upgrade) but not installed it yet. My idea was also to work with both versions until acquainted with T 2015. As I can read from this post, it is not possible (?) though indicated by the "experts" in some SDL web page... Where is the thruth in this story?

Béatrice

Hi Béatrice,
Guillaume assured me it is possible, which is the truth, because the problem of concordance search in 2014 version has been solved on its own.. Last night I tried to open different projects and magic happened. I really do not know that happened, but the result is that you can use both freelance 2014 and 2015 versions together.

I just hope that at the beginning you won't have issues like I didicon_smile.gif

Giusi

SDL_Guillaume
Local time: 09:24
Studio 2015 upgrades and legacy versions Dec 9, 2015

BEATRICE BALTHAZART wrote:

Béatrice

Hello Béatrice,

This is Guillaume again.

SDL allows you to continue working on current projects in the legacy (Studio 2009/2011/2014) versions- before migrating to Studio 2015 permanently.

Therefore you can have your previous upgraded license with Studio 2015 and work with both versions, until the previous license is returned/deactivated (intentionally or through hardware failure etc.) or you try to move it to a different machine, etc.

Kind regards,

Guillaume

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Issue with SDL Trados Studio 2014 freelance after...

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search