Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 02:25
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Dec 9, 2015

Hello everyone

What is the procedure for editing a segment in a TM in Trados 2015? I already discovered that I should not try to find the segment using Ctrl+F but rather use the find dialog that sits above the TM view, but now that I've found the segment that I want to edit, I can't figure out how to... well... edit the target text. Any help?

Thanks
Samuel

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 02:25
French to German
+ ...
Directly type into the segment Dec 9, 2015

Samuel

If you are in the "Translation Memories" view, you can directly type into the translation unit in the TM Editor. This will mark the TU as modified and change the background color.

If you are in the Editor (while translating) you can click on "Edit translation unit" in the context menu to edit the TU that is displayed in the "Translation Results" window.

Walter

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 07:25
Member (2004)
English to Thai
+ ...
Edit source texts as well Dec 9, 2015

Samuel Murray wrote:

Hello everyone

What is the procedure for editing a segment in a TM in Trados 2015? I already discovered that I should not try to find the segment using Ctrl+F but rather use the find dialog that sits above the TM view, but now that I've found the segment that I want to edit, I can't figure out how to... well... edit the target text. Any help?

Thanks
Samuel

You should also know that editing of source texts is possible as well in Trados 2014 SP2/2015.

Soonthon L.

Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 18:25
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Commit Changes Dec 9, 2015

Walter Blaser wrote:

Samuel

If you are in the "Translation Memories" view, you can directly type into the translation unit in the TM Editor. This will mark the TU as modified and change the background color.

Walter

Like Walter says, in the TM view, simply type into the target part of the TU to make your edits. When done, though, you will need to click "Commit Changes" in the Save group in the ribbon for the changes to be saved.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2015: how to edit a segment in a TM

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search