Move a SDL PLUS extra license from a chrashed PC
Thread poster: Giovanni Danielli

Giovanni Danielli  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 03:35
Member (2013)
English to Italian
Dec 9, 2015

Hello
My "second" PC crashed down and now I have to move my SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance Plus "EXTRA LICENSE" to the new one.

I am not able to return the license. Does anybody knows a solution?


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 03:35
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
I would create a ticket on your SDL page Dec 9, 2015

I had the same problem as you this weekend - I needed to return my lisence so that I could activate my Studio again (I had removed an unused SSD disk and a DVD player on the machine, which resulted in Studio going to demo mode).

The only way to fix it that I could find, was to create a ticket with SDL. They reset the activation fairly prompty, after which it was fixed.

Hope this helps for you - the main question is, of course, how urgent it is, as I doubt they can promis to do this the same day you create the ticket.

Roy


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Giovanni Danielli  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 03:35
Member (2013)
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
Link for the request Dec 9, 2015

Roy Oestensen wrote:

I had the same problem as you this weekend - I needed to return my lisence so that I could activate my Studio again (I had removed an unused SSD disk and a DVD player on the machine, which resulted in Studio going to demo mode).

The only way to fix it that I could find, was to create a ticket with SDL. They reset the activation fairly prompty, after which it was fixed.

Hope this helps for you - the main question is, of course, how urgent it is, as I doubt they can promis to do this the same day you create the ticket.

Roy


Hi Roy many thanks: can you provide me the link to send the ticket with SDL: I'm getting crazy to find it!


Direct link Reply with quote
 

SDL_Guillaume
Local time: 02:35
Logging a Support request Dec 9, 2015

Giovanni Danielli wrote:

Roy Oestensen wrote:

I had the same problem as you this weekend - I needed to return my lisence so that I could activate my Studio again (I had removed an unused SSD disk and a DVD player on the machine, which resulted in Studio going to demo mode).

The only way to fix it that I could find, was to create a ticket with SDL. They reset the activation fairly prompty, after which it was fixed.

Hope this helps for you - the main question is, of course, how urgent it is, as I doubt they can promis to do this the same day you create the ticket.

Roy


Hi Roy many thanks: can you provide me the link to send the ticket with SDL: I'm getting crazy to find it!


Hello Giovanni,

This is Guillaume from SDL.

To ask for a return of activation, please log a case via Solution Finder: http://kb.sdl.com/?tab=sf#tab:SFTab:crumb:0

When in Solution Finder, please click on Licensing Problems, then I use SDL Trados Studio 2015, then I need to have my license reset, then finally I followed the instructions, etc. This will open a contact form on the right side of the page, which you fill and then send to our Support team, who can reset the license.

You must allow pop ups and cookies for the case to be logged.

Could you also tell me if you are still able to work at the moment?

Kind regards,

Guillaume


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 03:35
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
sorry, seems to be a little involved Dec 9, 2015

As far as I remember, I did it this way:

Log onto account
Support
Licensing and Installation Help
Visit Licensing and Installation Help
"Log a Ticket
Look up the product name in the overview below and click on one of the 'log a ticket' link.
For other queries not related to Support, please contact us here."

Fill out form under the heading
GET IN TOUCH WITH US

I hope the above will help you.
Roy


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Giovanni Danielli  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 03:35
Member (2013)
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
Main license is ok, extra license ko Dec 9, 2015

Hi Roy and Guillaume.
I sent a reset request to SDL support: waiting for answer.

For Guillaume: the main license works correctly; the "extra" license is KO at the moment.
Thank you
Giovanni


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Siontrans
Local time: 21:35
Member (2014)
English to Greek
+ ...
Wouldn't it be better to manage licenses from "my account"? Dec 9, 2015

SDL_Guillaume wrote:

Giovanni Danielli wrote:

Roy Oestensen wrote:

I had the same problem as you this weekend - I needed to return my lisence so that I could activate my Studio again (I had removed an unused SSD disk and a DVD player on the machine, which resulted in Studio going to demo mode).

The only way to fix it that I could find, was to create a ticket with SDL. They reset the activation fairly prompty, after which it was fixed.

Hope this helps for you - the main question is, of course, how urgent it is, as I doubt they can promis to do this the same day you create the ticket.

Roy


Hi Roy many thanks: can you provide me the link to send the ticket with SDL: I'm getting crazy to find it!


Hello Giovanni,

This is Guillaume from SDL.

To ask for a return of activation, please log a case via Solution Finder: http://kb.sdl.com/?tab=sf#tab:SFTab:crumb:0

When in Solution Finder, please click on Licensing Problems, then I use SDL Trados Studio 2015, then I need to have my license reset, then finally I followed the instructions, etc. This will open a contact form on the right side of the page, which you fill and then send to our Support team, who can reset the license.

You must allow pop ups and cookies for the case to be logged.

Could you also tell me if you are still able to work at the moment?

Kind regards,

Guillaume


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Giovanni Danielli  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 03:35
Member (2013)
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
Does not work Dec 9, 2015

Siontrans wrote:

SDL_Guillaume wrote:

Giovanni Danielli wrote:

Roy Oestensen wrote:

I had the same problem as you this weekend - I needed to return my lisence so that I could activate my Studio again (I had removed an unused SSD disk and a DVD player on the machine, which resulted in Studio going to demo mode).

The only way to fix it that I could find, was to create a ticket with SDL. They reset the activation fairly prompty, after which it was fixed.

Hope this helps for you - the main question is, of course, how urgent it is, as I doubt they can promis to do this the same day you create the ticket.

Roy


Hi Roy many thanks: can you provide me the link to send the ticket with SDL: I'm getting crazy to find it!


Hello Giovanni,

This is Guillaume from SDL.

To ask for a return of activation, please log a case via Solution Finder: http://kb.sdl.com/?tab=sf#tab:SFTab:crumb:0

When in Solution Finder, please click on Licensing Problems, then I use SDL Trados Studio 2015, then I need to have my license reset, then finally I followed the instructions, etc. This will open a contact form on the right side of the page, which you fill and then send to our Support team, who can reset the license.

You must allow pop ups and cookies for the case to be logged.

Could you also tell me if you are still able to work at the moment?

Kind regards,

Guillaume


Unfortunately does not work: The filed "return license" is missing!


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 03:35
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
"Return license" missing for Studio 2015 Dec 9, 2015

My first thought was also to go to my account and return the license there, but while it is there for earlier versions, it's missing for 2015, regretably.

The only way to do it, is to do it offline or create a ticket for it. But if Studio 2015 is deactivated, returning the license that way would not work.

Roy


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Giovanni Danielli  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 03:35
Member (2013)
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
License restored Dec 10, 2015

Roy Oestensen wrote:

My first thought was also to go to my account and return the license there, but while it is there for earlier versions, it's missing for 2015, regretably.

The only way to do it, is to do it offline or create a ticket for it. But if Studio 2015 is deactivated, returning the license that way would not work.

Roy


Hi all
The extra license has been successfully restored from SDL support!
Thank you for help and comments.
Giovanni


Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Move a SDL PLUS extra license from a chrashed PC

Advanced search







Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search