https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/295712-studio_2014_sp2_no_longer_starts_up.html

Studio 2014 SP2 no longer starts up
Thread poster: Adoma
Adoma
Adoma
Local time: 08:58
Swedish to English
Dec 11, 2015

Hello all,

This is my first posting here, and I hope that someone will be able to to help with this rather frustrating problem.

Basically, I've been working very happily with Studio 2014 SP2 on Windows 10 for several months, but I'm now unable to use the software at all, as it will no longer start up.

When I try to start it, everything initially seems fine, the licence is recognised etc. but then, before the software even opens up, I receive the following e
... See more
Hello all,

This is my first posting here, and I hope that someone will be able to to help with this rather frustrating problem.

Basically, I've been working very happily with Studio 2014 SP2 on Windows 10 for several months, but I'm now unable to use the software at all, as it will no longer start up.

When I try to start it, everything initially seems fine, the licence is recognised etc. but then, before the software even opens up, I receive the following error:

Service 'Sdl.TranslationStudio.AlignmentEditor.IAlignmentEditorService' could not be started.

From what I can tell, the problem seems to have started since a recent automatic Windows 10 update. Unfortunately, I was not aware that restore points in Windows 10 have to be activated (this was automatic in previous versions of WIndows, I believe), so I am unable to undo this update.

I'd be very grateful for any thoughts or advice.

Many thanks,

Steve
Collapse

Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 09:58
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Have you tried a repair installation? Dec 11, 2015

This is one of the first things I try when a program doesn't fire up as it should. There could just be a problem in the registry, for instance, and a repair installation would fix that.

Roy

sdl_roman
sdl_roman
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:58
SDL Trados Support Dec 11, 2015

Hi Steve,

Could you just confirm please, did you post the same question in - https://community.sdl.com/ ?

Thanks,

SDL_Roman

Daniele Martellini
Daniele Martellini  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:58
Member (2008)
English to Italian
+ ...
Same problem here Dec 11, 2015

Hi Steve,
same issue here. I restored Windows 10 to a previous version and Studio started. Tonight, however, my computer performed the updates again and I was unable to run Studio. Did you find any solution?

Thanks

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2014 SP2 no longer starts up

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »