How can I revert from 2015 to 2014?
Thread poster: carl01

carl01
German to English
Dec 11, 2015

Hello,
I upgraded from 2007 to 2014 a few months ago, and as I remember an upgrade to the 2015 version was offered very soon afterwards, which I accepted.
Since I preferred the 2014 version for various reasons, is there any way I can go back using 2014? The problem is, even though I still have the 2014 installation files, I don't have any record of a licence for 2014, only 2015.
Is there any way I can go back to the 2014 version?
Thank you!

Direct link Reply with quote

Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 17:46
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
You must contact SDL Dec 12, 2015

As far as I know, the only way to go back to 2014 would be to create a ticket and have SDL recreate your 2014 lisence for you.

Other recent threads explain how to create a ticket.

Roy

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:46
Finnish to French
SDL’s upgrade policy Dec 12, 2015

In SDL’s (and several other software companies’) policy, "upgrade" means the newer version replaces the older one. In other words, you lose the right to use the older version from the moment you activate the newer one.

There is one tolerance to this rule: if you have Studio 2014 already installed and activated on a computer of yours, and you install and activate Studio 2015 on it, your copy of Studio 2014 will continue to remain functional. If you have the Freelance Plus edition and had 2014 installed on two computers, you will retain them even after installing 2015 on these computers.

If you had known this, you would still be able to use 2014. Since you (apparently) uninstalled (or deactivated) 2014, your only option is to contact SDL (and hope they’ll accept to let you downgrade to 2014).

What are the "various reasons" you preferred 2014, if I may ask?

carl01
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Dec 14, 2015

Thanks for taking the time to reply, much appreciated - I'll give it a try as you suggest.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I revert from 2015 to 2014?

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search