Export Trados log?
Thread poster: Robin Joensuu

Robin Joensuu  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:43
English to Swedish
Dec 14, 2015

A potential new client insists on me providing a "TRADOS log" together with a translation test, and says that this can be exported from all Trados versions. But I can't find any info on this anywhere.

I have tried Export Analysis Report app downloaded from Translation Zone, but it doesn't help much as I can't figure out how it is used, and from what I can see, there is no info on it on the website.

Does anyone know a good way to do this? And why would they want a report they can export themselves? It makes no sense.

Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Norway
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Does the client refer to one of the reports? Dec 14, 2015

If you go to the Reports window, you can get a Pre-translate Files report and an Analyse Files report. Question is, of course, exactly what the client wants and what he/she want for it. I am not able to find any Trados log in Studio 2015.

Perhaps that's part of the earlier Trados version, which Studio has replaced? I don't know.

Roy

Robin Joensuu  Identity Verified
Germany
English to Swedish
TOPIC STARTER
Found it.. Dec 14, 2015

...right in front of my eyes. There is a "Reports" tab between the "Files" and "Editor" tabs in the lower left pane.

But it is very odd. I still can't get why they would want that.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Export Trados log?

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search