Export Trados log?
Thread poster: Robin Joensuu

Robin Joensuu  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:09
English to Swedish
Dec 14, 2015

A potential new client insists on me providing a "TRADOS log" together with a translation test, and says that this can be exported from all Trados versions. But I can't find any info on this anywhere.

I have tried Export Analysis Report app downloaded from Translation Zone, but it doesn't help much as I can't figure out how it is used, and from what I can see, there is no info on it on the website.

Does anyone know a good way to do this? And why would they want a report they can export themselves? It makes no sense.

Direct link Reply with quote

Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Norway
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Does the client refer to one of the reports? Dec 14, 2015

If you go to the Reports window, you can get a Pre-translate Files report and an Analyse Files report. Question is, of course, exactly what the client wants and what he/she want for it. I am not able to find any Trados log in Studio 2015.

Perhaps that's part of the earlier Trados version, which Studio has replaced? I don't know.

Roy

Robin Joensuu  Identity Verified
Germany
English to Swedish
TOPIC STARTER
Found it.. Dec 14, 2015

...right in front of my eyes. There is a "Reports" tab between the "Files" and "Editor" tabs in the lower left pane.

But it is very odd. I still can't get why they would want that.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Export Trados log?

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €415 / $495
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €415 / $495 / £325 / ¥60,000 You will also receive FREE access to our getting started eLearning program!

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search