Studio 2014 does not support latest MS Office release
Thread poster: Joanna Ryzenweber

Joanna Ryzenweber
Poland
Local time: 17:54
Polish to English
+ ...
Dec 15, 2015

After the most recent update of my MS Office 365 (current release ID: 16.0.6001.1043), Studio 2014 refuses to open documents I create or even save. Is there any way to make it work with the latest .docx files, or do I have to buy Studio 2015?
Thanks for any tips.

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:54
Finnish to French
Workaround Dec 15, 2015

You can use this workaround:

http://wordfast.fi/blog/cat-tools/2013/02/01/how-to-open-word-2013-docx-in-studio-2011/

Not very elegant, but it works.

Carlos Abelheira  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 12:54
Member (2013)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Workaround Dec 15, 2015

Hello Joanna,

The workaround in this case is to save MS Office files to an older version BEFORE creating the project.

I hope this helps.

Joanna Ryzenweber
Poland
Local time: 17:54
Polish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Workarounds Dec 15, 2015

Thanks for the workarounds - there are quite a few of them, I know them, I'm doing fine and the problem is not a critical one. I'm just interested in the actual solution. I'd like to know whether or not the latest .docx versions are or will be supported in Studio 2014.

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:54
Finnish to French
Probably not Dec 16, 2015

Joanna Ryzenweber wrote:
I'd like to know whether or not the latest .docx versions are or will be supported in Studio 2014.

It’s probably safe to assume support for the Office 2016 file formats will not be retroactively added to Studio 2014 (nor to 2011 and 2009).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2014 does not support latest MS Office release

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search