Inserting tokens from source segment
Thread poster: Guillaume de Casaban

Guillaume de Casaban
France
Local time: 07:24
English to French
Dec 17, 2015

Hi,

I've tried searching the forums for an answer, but I'm probably phrasing my search badly.

Here's my problem.

I've got segments that look like this:

You can do this thing $456441s1 times during the next $d seconds and get $124585% of your points back.

Where $456441s1, $d and $124585% will be replaced later by actual numbers.

Now, my question :

Is there any way to make SDL Studio 2011 recognize these strings and allow me to paste them in my translations using the usual "CTRL + ," shortcut used for regular tags?

Something along the lines of "the sequence after any dollar sign (sign included) is now a tag" ? These strings can be followed by a normal space, hard space, comma or stop depending on context. Also note that the % in the third case above is part of the string.

Any suggestion would be really helpful.

Thanks.

Guillaume

[Edited at 2015-12-17 16:03 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 23:24
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Easy to do in Studio 2014 and 2015... Dec 17, 2015

via the Open Exchange app called Regex Match AutoSuggest Provider, but for Studio 2011 I think the closest thing may be using the TermInjector app, also available in the Open Exchange website.

Guillaume de Casaban
France
Local time: 07:24
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
You're a lifesaver! Dec 18, 2015

Thanks a lot, Nora.

That's exactly the solution I was looking for. Damn, I always forget the plug-ins.

I just spent a couple hours figuring out the correct regular expressions, but it works perfectly now. Great tip!

You saved me hours of copy/paste.

Guillaume

[Edited at 2015-12-19 08:50 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Inserting tokens from source segment

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search