Studio 2015 Starter changed my document!
Thread poster: Jasmine_

Jasmine_  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2014)
English to Italian
+ ...
Dec 18, 2015

I have an excel file when opened in excel is fine but when opened in studio the numbers are completely wrong and also some words in capital letters have been modified. For example ONE has become HOME and 15 has become 14! Why this happened? Any ideas? I tried to delete it and upload it again but does exactly the same…

Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 14:00
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
A bit more information Dec 18, 2015

Do you mean this is changed in the target column? If it's the target, it sounds like a matter of pre-translation, where Studio is instructed to populate the segment with the best available match (which oftentimes can be a not so good match, especially with short segments) when no match is found in the TM. What percentage and segment status do you see next to your problem segments?

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 22:00
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
"Fields and Settings" in your TM Dec 19, 2015

Jasmine_ wrote:

ONE has become HOME

If these are one-word segments (and number only segments in the case of the numbers), I think it's because you've got acronyms recognition enabled in your TM. And, as Nora says, you're pretranslating the file with this setting.
Go to your project settings>Language Pairs>All Language Pairs>Translation Memories....
Click the TM at the top of the list and then "settings". Go to Fields and Settings and disable "acronyms".

To solve the problem now, you'll probably have to open your source file again, but in the "translate single document" wizard, after adding your file, click on "Advanced" in the bottom left corner, and browse the acronyms setting as explained above. Then finish processing your source file.
For the number issue, I'd also disable "Numbers" in the same place under Fields and Settings to see if that helps.

Jasmine_  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2014)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Dec 19, 2015

thank you very much!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2015 Starter changed my document!

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search