Studio 2015 Activation Problem: Activation not allowed as remaining quantity is 0.
Thread poster: andy_yj_shin

andy_yj_shin  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:22
English to Korean
+ ...
Jan 1, 2016

Hi,

I was using the trial version of Studio 2015, and finally bought the Freelance Plus license today.

When I tried to activate the studio on my computer, at first it said that I couldn't use the license yet. When I tried a couple of more times, it finally said "Activation Failed. Activation not allowed as remaining quantity is 0."

This is very weird because I have never installed studio on any other computers, and this was my first time trying to activate with this license.

The offline activation option doesn't work now, because my account at sdl says my license is "in use", even though I am not using it AT ALL!

I spent hours looking for the support contact at SDL, but there is none.

Can you please tell me how to fix this problem?

Kardas Tradu  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 04:22
Member (2011)
Italian to Polish
+ ...
Hello... Jan 1, 2016

...and have a good year!icon_smile.gif We had the same problem abt 2 months ago. Well, we have to admit it's really hard to find SDL support email but it's not impossibleicon_smile.gif We managed to find the support email (after 1 hour of search!) and our problem has been resolved in one hour! Here you are: CMASupport@sdl.com
Just describe in detail what happens. We hope this helps...

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
I do wonder where you look? Jan 1, 2016

andy_yj_shin wrote:

And the CMA email address is not the right place at all! Go to the Knowledgebase;

http://kb.sdl.com

Then go to the tab called Solution Finder and now here;

Licensing Problems
- I use SDL Trados Studio 2015 / SDL Passolo 2015
-- I need to have my license reset

Also use the Chrome browser to log the case if you have it; you'll get more success in completing the form, and make sure your email address is entered correctly or nobody will be able to get back in touch with you.

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support

andy_yj_shin  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:22
English to Korean
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Jan 4, 2016

Hi,

Thank you both for your help.

I followed Paul's suggestion, and it's all fixed now.

Thank you so much!!

Kardas Tradu  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2011)
Italian to Polish
+ ...
We don't understand why... Jan 5, 2016

SDL Community wrote:

andy_yj_shin wrote:

And the CMA email address is not the right place at all! Go to the Knowledgebase;

http://kb.sdl.com

Then go to the tab called Solution Finder and now here;

Licensing Problems
- I use SDL Trados Studio 2015 / SDL Passolo 2015
-- I need to have my license reset

Also use the Chrome browser to log the case if you have it; you'll get more success in completing the form, and make sure your email address is entered correctly or nobody will be able to get back in touch with you.

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support

We don't understand why Trados support email is so "precious", maybe too precious to be mentioned here! Some month ago we contacted you about an urgent, technical problem and unfortunately NO REPLY! So we had to contact the CMA support (the only we found on the web). It hurts so much when you buy a software that costs a pretty penny and you can't find "where to go" in case of technical problems...Sorry to say but the CMA support resolved our problem in 1 hour.

sdl_roman
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:22
It’s always good to get feedback Jan 5, 2016

Hello Kardas,

It’s always good to get feedback (both good and bad) so we know how we can improve our services.

As you are maybe aware SDL offers a varied and wide pallet of products- each with their own support logistics.
Of course should a support request be received - this will get passed on to the relevant department ASAP (in this case CMA sent the ticket to us (Studio)- where the case was then raised on your behalf).

All Studio users are entitled to FREE licensing and installation support via the easy to use KB as per my colleague Paul’s instructions.
http://kb.sdl.com/#tab:SFTab:crumb:0

You can also contact us on LIVE CHAT -www.sdl.com/CXDesk (Mon- Fri 9-5 GMT) or leave a message and we will get back to you.

There is also the SDL community- xl8.one which is staffed by translation professionals and is designed to help translators who do not have a support contract.

These resources are absolutely FREE OF CHARGE and all easily accessible.

I’m sure you will agree, once you are aware of the huge amount of (free) resources available, you can indeed get the help that you need fast and FREE.

Kind Regards,

SDL_Roman

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2015 Activation Problem: Activation not allowed as remaining quantity is 0.

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search