Thread poster: Chiara Zanardelli
Chiara Zanardelli
Chiara Zanardelli
Italy
Local time: 03:23
English to Italian
+ ...
Jan 3, 2016

During installation of SDL Trados Studio 2015, my antivirus (Avast) has detected a possibile virus (Win:32:Evo-gen [susp]) in path program filesSDLSDL trados Studiostudio4es.
The file name is sdl.translationstudio.translationmemorymigration.ui.resources.dll

Is this a false positive or a virus?

How can I notify the issue to SDL as I don't have a Maintenance Agreement?

Thanks, Chiara

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 04:23
English to Russian
Not a virus Jan 3, 2016

When this message appears, select something like "Add to exceptions" so that Avast always ignore it.

SDL_Steve
SDL_Steve  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:23
English to Arabic
Studio 2015 installtion Jan 4, 2016

Hi Chiara,

Certain AV programs (AVAST being one of them) will assume a certain Studio installer is a virus and therefore give you an unnecessary Virus warning.
(Some AV programs simply quarantine the file with ut even letting you know!!! which then can lead to a a warning that the software cannot be installed)

As long as you are downloading the software via your SDL account (and not a site that is outside of the SDL domain you are perfectly safe.

I wo
... See more
Hi Chiara,

Certain AV programs (AVAST being one of them) will assume a certain Studio installer is a virus and therefore give you an unnecessary Virus warning.
(Some AV programs simply quarantine the file with ut even letting you know!!! which then can lead to a a warning that the software cannot be installed)

As long as you are downloading the software via your SDL account (and not a site that is outside of the SDL domain you are perfectly safe.

I would advise you to temporarily disable the AV system (after closing any other programs that you have running) and install the Studio software.
Once installed (and the AV reactivated) you should have no further issues.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Kr

SDL_Steve
Collapse

Chiara Zanardelli
Chiara Zanardelli
Italy
Local time: 03:23
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Jan 4, 2016

Thanks for confirmation to Steve and Stepan!
I'll try again the installing procedure

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 04:23
English to Russian
False virus message... Jan 4, 2016

...appears even after installation. Either you turn off your AV before each update session or add the installer to the list of AV exceptions. I installed my copy of Trados as soon as it was released, and I had this virus message later again when updating Trados. First time (when installing Trados), I just disabled Avast as Steve mentioned above. Second time (next update), I added an exception.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Studio 2015 installation - virus detected

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »