International Translation Day 2018

Join ProZ.com/TV for a FREE event September 25-26th celebrating International Translation Day! 50+ hours of content, Chat, Live Q&A & more. Join 1,000's of linguists from around the globe as ProZ.com/TV celebrates International Translation Day.

Click for Full Participation

"Prioritising" one of two translation memories in Studio 2011
Thread poster: Mervyn Henderson

Mervyn Henderson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 12:25
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jan 3, 2016

Is this possible? I have to do several files with a customer's server-based TM, but there are a lot of figures and various updates of the files in the offing, and I've suggested we use a small TM I've created to configure numbers from Spanish to English the way they should be, but with this TM as a "priority" TM, just to make absolutely sure there's no interference from the "main" TM, which may be full of cruddy stuff or just useless "copy-source" translations from previous projects where the translator was told to leave certain sections as in the original, and those sections go into the TM and thus screw up any future translations.

So can I do this, and if so, how do I set it up in Studio 2011?

Best,

Mervyn

Jenae Spry  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:25
French to English
Move up/down Jan 3, 2016

All you need to do is select the one you want as priority and move it up by clicking the up button in the project setting list.

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Penalties Jan 4, 2016

Apply a penalty to all TMs except your small TM. In project settings, go to the TM list and set a penalty of 1 or more to the other TMs.
Then, a 100% match will show as 100% in your TM, and as 99% (or less, depending on the penalty) in the others.

Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jenae and Emma Jan 4, 2016

Although I've had no time to try either of them today, snowed under ...

Best,

Mervyn

Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In the end ... Jan 15, 2016

... it was sufficient to "move up" the priority TM. Thanks again!

Mervyn

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Prioritising" one of two translation memories in Studio 2011

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search