Can't log Trados support ticket
Thread poster: Peter McMullen
Peter McMullen
Peter McMullen  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:48
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jan 4, 2016

I'm trying to process an upgrade from Trados Studio 2011 to 2014 that was paid for about 2 years ago but not activated. I have followed the procedures and returned the 2011 licence but the 2014 licence activation code still doesn't appear and there's nothing left to click on to process the upgrade.

They seem to have upgraded the SDL Account pages so old help information is now of little use. Last time I had licencing problems I logged a support ticket with SDL and it was sorted out
... See more
I'm trying to process an upgrade from Trados Studio 2011 to 2014 that was paid for about 2 years ago but not activated. I have followed the procedures and returned the 2011 licence but the 2014 licence activation code still doesn't appear and there's nothing left to click on to process the upgrade.

They seem to have upgraded the SDL Account pages so old help information is now of little use. Last time I had licencing problems I logged a support ticket with SDL and it was sorted out quickly. However, this time I've been trying to log a ticket, but the website sends me on an endless round of links and there doesn't seem to be any way of doing it. I would appreciate any help anyone could give me.
Collapse

SDL_Guillaume
SDL_Guillaume
Upgrade Jan 4, 2016

Hello Peter,

This is Guillaume from SDL.

For this kind of upgrade query you will not need to log a Support case. I have escalated it and will contact you again as soon as possible.

In the meantime, if you have question, please feel free to contact us directly via our Chat (bit.ly/SDLChat).

Kind regards,

Guillaume

Peter McMullen
Peter McMullen  Identity Verified
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Fixed Jan 4, 2016

Hi Guillaume,

Many thanks for your prompt response. It seems that the problem was caused by an incorrect upgrade package that the system shouldn't have allowed but did due to an error.

This has now been fixed and I have managed to upgrade and run the software.

Thank you for your help.

Peter

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't log Trados support ticket

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »