In Studio 2011, how to count words of legacy SDLXLIFF ?
Thread poster: Thomas Rebotier

Thomas Rebotier  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:49
English to French
Jan 5, 2016

My client sent me a bunch of SDLXLIFF files to work on; I can open them directly in Studio 2011, each one creates a wrapper project *idlm, but the batch tasks are all disabled both at the project and file levels. I've always counted words with analyse files, can't do it here... Any suggestions?

Direct link Reply with quote

Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 20:49
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Check if you have source or target language active Jan 5, 2016

It sounds to me like you have the source language active in the file window. somehow Studio is making source active when you import a file. So try to change to your target language and see if things now work.

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 20:49
French to German
+ ...
What do you mean with "wrapper project *idlm"? Jan 7, 2016

Thomas Rebotier wrote:

My client sent me a bunch of SDLXLIFF files to work on; I can open them directly in Studio 2011, each one creates a wrapper project *idlm, but the batch tasks are all disabled both at the project and file levels. I've always counted words with analyse files, can't do it here... Any suggestions?

How did you open the files?

And what did you mean with "each one creates a wrapper project ..."?
Are these InDesign files (.IDML)?

Walter

Thomas Rebotier  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:49
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Details Jan 10, 2016

I open the files using the "open document" button (near top left). The files are SDLXLIFF, made from idml by the agency

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

In Studio 2011, how to count words of legacy SDLXLIFF ?

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search