Catarina Lopes  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 06:04
Member (2013)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Jan 8, 2016

Good morning, everyone.

Is it possible to add autosuggest dictionaries in different language pairs when working with mixed source language projects in Studio 2015?

Thank you!

Catarina

sdl_roman
sdl_roman
United Kingdom
Autosuggest dictionaries Jan 8, 2016

Hi Catarina,

As you own Studio FL version- you are limited to the five languages selected in the initial installation.
Should you add dictionaries with extra languages, an error will be generated and you wont be able to use them.

Kind regards,

SDL_Roman

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 07:04
French to German
+ ...
Studio 2015 offers the improved AutoSuggest 2.0 Jan 8, 2016

Catarina

The improved AutoSuggest features of Studio 2015 don't necessarily require anymore that you generate AutoSuggest dictionaries because it now gives you the possibility to automatically show suggestions from the TMs, which are assigned to your project (not only whole segment lookup as usual, but also sentence fragments).
Have a look at the available options in "File - Options - AutoSuggest - Translation Memory and Automated Translation".

Walter

Catarina Lopes
Portugal
Member (2013)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Selected languages in installation Jan 8, 2016

Hi Roman,

Thank you for you reply.

In fact, I'm trying to add a second autosuggest dictionary in the languages selected in the initial installation.

I'm working on a project from Spanish/English to Portuguese using the mixed source language function. I originally created the project from Spanish to Portuguese, then added English as an additional source language. Using Any-TM tool, I can add TMs in different language pairs (EN>PT and ES>PT) and I was wonderi
... See more
Hi Roman,

Thank you for you reply.

In fact, I'm trying to add a second autosuggest dictionary in the languages selected in the initial installation.

I'm working on a project from Spanish/English to Portuguese using the mixed source language function. I originally created the project from Spanish to Portuguese, then added English as an additional source language. Using Any-TM tool, I can add TMs in different language pairs (EN>PT and ES>PT) and I was wondering if this was also possible to do with autosuggest dictionaries.

Best regards,

Catarina
Collapse

Catarina Lopes
Portugal
Member (2013)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Improved AutoSuggest feature Jan 8, 2016

Hi Walter,

Thank you for your reply.

I was not aware that the improved AutoSuggest feature of Studio 2015 worked the same way as the Autosuggest dictionaries. Does this mean I do not need to generate/update Autosuggest dictionaries from my TMs anymore, since I now get the results directly from the TMs?

Best regards,

Catarina

[Edited at 2016-01-08 11:39 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Mixed source language projects and Autosuggest

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »