Trados Studio 2011 memory/plug-in problem
Thread poster: Will Kelly

Will Kelly
United Kingdom
Dutch to English
Jan 12, 2016

Hi all. This morning I started getting some funny problems in Trados Studio 2011. I'm on Windows 8.1, incidentally.

When I went to save a project, it wouldn't let me, saying memory was full. Neither would it save target as for the same reason. After a few attempts it did save. I promptly backed up my work and ran my antispyware program.

After doing a restart I got the following message on opening Studio:

An unexpected error has occurred while loading the application plug-ins

I closed Studio and tried again, this time getting the following message:

An unknown error occurred while accessing C:\ProgramData\SDL\SDLL Trados Studio\Studio2\Updates\UpdateLog.txt

Incidentally, I've looked for that folder, and there's no folder called Updates in the Studio2 folder.

I also get the following message on opening Studio now:

Failed to load plug-in 'Sdl.ProjectApi.AutomaticTasks.Translate.Plugin.xml'

Studio does subsequently open, but when I click on my project to open it I get the following error message (and the project won't open):

Unable to generate a temporary class (result=1).
error CS1504: Source file 'c:\Users\Will\AppData\Local\Temp\wanmpb5u.0.cs' could not be opened ('Not enough storage is available to process this command.')

Any ideas what's going on?

SDL_Guillaume
Local time: 03:22
An unexpected error has occurred while loading the global plug-in services. Jan 14, 2016

Dear Will,

This is Guillaume from SDL.

Regarding the first error message, we have an article in our Knowledge Base about it, offering resolutions: http://kb.sdl.com/#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:4457

So far I have been unable to find articles related to the other error messages you received.

However, you can consult the SDL Community, where users and experts provide assistance: https://community.sdl.com/

Kind regards,

Guillaume

Will Kelly
United Kingdom
Dutch to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Jan 14, 2016

Many thanks for your reply, Guillaume. I didn't realize this thread had been approved yet, as I didn't get any message saying so. In fact, my computer suddenly crashed yesterday and automatically set itself back to how it was the day before, and that resolved the problem. So I have no idea what was wrong but it all got fixed with a reset.

Anyone experiencing this problem in the future might stumble across this thread, so it's useful that it's here. If the above links don't do anything for you then perhaps consider setting your computer back to the settings of the previous day.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2011 memory/plug-in problem

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search