Holger Remke  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:24
Member (2006)
English to German
+ ...
Jan 12, 2016

Dear friends,

my question is: how do I re-generate the index of a MultiTerm termbase in order to get the term recognition within Studio 2014 to work?

The problem is the following: a client of mine sent me a SDL Trados Studio package and seperately a large MultiTerm database of 70 MB which I stored locally on my computer. I opened the package in Studio 2014 and connected the termbase via the project settings. Everythig seems to be okay, except for the term recognition: it doesn't work at all, i.e. terms that are included in the termbase are not shown and even when I search in MultiTerm itself, terms that are included do not appear. But when I try to add a term into the same database, I get the message: "term is already inside!"
Can this problem be fixed by regenerating the index - and how can I do this?

Okay, I found the SOLUTION now: just start the command "Reorganize" within the Termbase Management of MultiTerm

Thanks anyway!

[Edited at 2016-01-12 20:55 GMT]

Ruth Wiedekind  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:24
Member (2004)
Spanish to German
+ ...
Similar problem. Missing cooperation between Term Recognition and Multiterm Desktop. Jan 13, 2016

Hi,

Unfortunately I don't have a solution for this, but a similar problem with maybe the same cause:

Also using Trados Studio 2014, it happens that within the translation job Term Recognition finds only the terms entered from Studio and not those added to the same termbase from MultiTerm Desktop!

Should be checked by SDL...

Regards,
Ruth

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Term recognition problem in Studio 2014

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search